My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax aura issues

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manners

I recieved my Aura yesterday afternoon. Bit of a fiddle setting things up but I eventually got it to work with FreeView Play (vomit) I lost channels I have on the basic Freeview due to poor signal, ??? same aerial ??? so how does that work? I tried recording programms and it seems you need to leave the TV turned on. This means that if you are able to sit for a late night program it's better than relying on the Humax to record. I need to be able to record when I'm in bed without leaving the TV on. So my opinion is DO NOT buy the Humax Aura because unless everything is perfect it's a pointless piece of kit. Buy the DVD or the book because at least you'll get the whole story instead of getting 1/2 way through and loseing the end ...... £250+ I want my money back.

| Sat 21 Oct 2023 16:18:35 #11 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

You definitely do not need to leave the TV on to record programmes with the Aura. Some times the problem is the user rather than the device. If you want your money back then return the Aura to the retailer.

| Sat 21 Oct 2023 17:31:34 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

Manners - 2 hours ago  » 
    I recieved my Aura yesterday afternoon. Bit of a fiddle setting things up but I eventually got it to work with FreeView Play (vomit) I lost channels I have on the basic Freeview due to poor signal, ??? same aerial ??? so how does that work? I tried recording programms and it seems you need to leave the TV turned on. This means that if you are able to sit for a late night program it's better than relying on the Humax to record. I need to be able to record when I'm in bed without leaving the TV on. So my opinion is DO NOT buy the Humax Aura because unless everything is perfect it's a pointless piece of kit. Buy the DVD or the book because at least you'll get the whole story instead of getting 1/2 way through and loseing the end ...... £250+ I want my money back.

You definitely do not need to keep the TV on for the Aura to record.

With the Aura it is very important to prevent the HDMI cable from coming in to contact with the aerial cable.
    The HDMI cable can cause interference leading to picture break up and in some cases loss of channel.

Make sure the aerial cable is seated correctly in the aerial cable plug and firmly attached to the Aura.

The tuners in the Aura are quite sensitive so it is necessary to tune the Aura to your nearest transmitter or
    one with the best line of sight to your aerial.

Click on this link and then enter your postcode to get a list of your nearest transmitters,
    https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information

The next page will show you the transmitters broadcasting in your region/ area.

The top one will be the most likely, scroll down the page to the next display of tables showing transmitter information.

Take a note of the multiplex numbers under the black circle with a white N inside.
    A multiplex (mux) carries several different channels (radio and TV)

Please take special note of the mux number under BBC B, this is the mux carrying the HD channels.

Now prepare to manually tune your Aura.
    First take out the aerial from the back of the Aura.
    Go to Settings> Channels & Broadcast> Auto Channel Search.
    This will clear the channel list.
    Reconnect the aerial cable.
    Go back to Settings> Channel & Broadcast> Manual Search.

From the dialogue select the mux number that was under BBC B.
    Go to Transmission and change this to DVB -T2.
    Click on Search, when the search is completed click on Save.
    Do the same for all the other muxes but change the Transmission to DVB-T.
    Now see if you get the full channel list.

Also check the signal strength and signal quality under Settings> Channel & Broadcast> Signal Test.

If you are only watching one channel live only one tuner will be used.
    The other two tuners will only be used when recordings are taking place.
    Start off with the Aura on BBC 1 HD and note the signal strength.
    Then try other channels that are broadcast on different muxes, Dave, More 4, Drama, Yesterday and BBC 2 SD
    for example.

If you find the Signal Strength is at 100% this can be too high and cause picture break up and a variable signal attenuator
    should be used to reduce signal strength. Can be found quite cheap on Amazon.

| Sat 21 Oct 2023 19:31:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Thanks Originalgavman, your first post got me back on track after a factory reset went haywire - stuck on the Bluetooth pairing screen. Resetting the remote regained control of the process.

| Wed 1 May 2024 10:43:08 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.