My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax Eye Camera

(54 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Nobody seems to be reporting their platform that the device is running on, my Android 8.1 is running fine and always has.

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 19:46:30 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

Location recordings failing on Android 7.0 and 5.1 phones. 5.1 at least acknowledges the location permission requests from app.

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 20:04:38 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

I have mine on iPhone 6 & iPad Air 2 devices, got to ask yourself why they have been discounted to £49 though????

| Wed 1 Aug 2018 8:11:38 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Well fingers crossed my replacement device has not missed me leaving & returning home for getting on two weeks now!

| Fri 3 Aug 2018 8:06:28 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

Humax customer service have referred issue I have with location recording not working to Y-cam.

| Mon 6 Aug 2018 16:05:36 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

I have had a Nest camera for some time now and it's worked pretty well. I tried the Humax Eye as it was on special offer but sent it back. I found the Y-Cam software very flakey and unreliable.

| Tue 7 Aug 2018 7:06:23 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GaryCraig

Does the Humax Eye work ok with the BT Home Hub 5 ?
    A YouTube video suggested there was an issue if the router is in WiFi sync mode.

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 18:40:57 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

I have just been testing the camera out whilst away for a couple of days and it starts recording when the infra red night vision trips in. The unit makes an audible click each time also.

I've tried adjusting the sensitivity but it still keeps happening.

Anyone else had similar issues?

It's damned annoying as when the levels of daylight fluctuate in the room the IR is tripping in and pushing numerous recording notices. The only way to overcome it is by turning off auto night vision.

BTW using location recording is still a total failure.

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 21:50:02 #38 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Not sure about BTHub5 but BTHub6 appears to be undetected by the app although recordings are still showing up, sometimes after a considerable delay, on the app so it must be working ok.

Yes, the night vision switching on and off gives two unnecessary recordings each 24H - and location recording status seems to make no difference to how the camera behaves. I am in contact with Y-Cam (as is Kar999) who have asked me to delete and reinstall the app, which I have done. It has not made any difference in my case. I am getting around 40 recordings on the days am I at home and the dog is wandering around even though location recording is enabled.

Awaiting their response to my last night e-mail about this.

R-

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 6:07:11 #39 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My Android 8.1 connected unit occasionally triggers a 30 sec. recording when the night vision comes on - not a big problem.

The location detection seems to work nearly always. However as I only really want the camera on at night (external critter detection). I usually just change the location to off at night and on when I get up.

As an aside the location detection on my android (used in security settings to turn off the need for pin or fingerprint) occasionally misses a transition as well. I think this many be related.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 7:45:17 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.