My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax Eye Camera

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

Guinnessdublin - 1 day ago  » 
    Hi, have now received & set up my replacement camera so far so good in the fact it is picking up when I leave & return home. The camera as a whole iam pretty pleased with, the only gripe I have with the Y-cam app is the fact their is no recording schedule so when you go to sleep you could schedule to record between the hours of sleep & waking up if their was any motion detected! The only work around this is having to remember each night to turn off Location Recording which is a big pain, so come on Y-cam Get It Sorted!

You can use the web Account to see your account and change some settings on line rather than use the App. https://monitor.y-cam.com/main

There is a schedule page to set what times the camera is active or not. I haven't tested it yet.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 11:00:52 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

I'm still struggling with location recording. The latest camera refuses to work with my main phone although it did originally. Having read the dozens of reviews on Amazon for the identical Y-cam Evo the location recording is at best flaky and also a known problem acknowledged by Y-cam.

I've managed to get it working on another old phone and it picks up the location request from the app...

My main phone refuses to acknowledge the location request. I've reset network connections and reinstalled the app endless times.

A call to Y-cam is next if Humax don't have an answer.

Attachments

1. Screenshot_2018-07-30-10-49-24.png (85.9 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 30 Jul 2018 11:07:20 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Hi, interesting info about the web account do you not have to be a direct Y-cam device holder to use this as can’t understand why Humax tech did not tell me about this when I raised this matter with them?

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 17:29:17 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Just looked at the web account that’s for their security camera not the Humax eye Kar999, so explains why Humax Tech did not mention this!

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 17:33:00 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

Guinnessdublin - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just looked at the web account that’s for their security camera not the Humax eye Kar999, so explains why Humax Tech did not mention this!

It works for me. If you log onto the web portal with the same login in details as the App it shows all your account details, Humax Eye settings and which phones are connected etc. It also lets you change most settings like the app does.

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 19:08:52 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Sorry your correct Kar999 you can log into account & look at all camera settings. Looking at Location Recording schedule section though Default setting is set to record 27/7 but as we no as soon as you return home it will stop any recording, unless iam missing something?
    Thanks.

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 9:28:44 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

Been onto Y-Cam Tech asking about this & they are aware of this over sight in app & he has told me Feed back will be passed on but basically saying don’t hold your breath for any further development as it’s not an easy fix, has suggested I put device into standby mode then turn back on before I go to bed each night! Great! ????????

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 10:39:58 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

Guinnessdublin - 2 hours ago  » 
    Sorry your correct Kar999 you can log into account & look at all camera settings. Looking at Location Recording schedule section though Default setting is set to record 27/7 but as we no as soon as you return home it will stop any recording, unless iam missing something?
    Thanks.

Unless it's like mine where location recording doesn't seem to work. Unless I turn motion detection on or off manually when I leave it's either detecting all the time or not at all!!

I have the option for a refund but for £50 I can live with having to manually set it.

Hopefully Y-cam will update the app one day as they say they are working on the flaky location recording issue.

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 12:05:07 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Guinnessdublin

The location recording was not working on my first device after working for the first day or so but seems to be working okay with replacement device, can you not send back & get a replacement like I did?

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 18:50:06 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

I'm on my second camera. Maybe third time lucky.

| Tue 31 Jul 2018 19:09:11 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.