My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Humax Eye Camera

(54 posts)
  1. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Interesting REPASSAC. Have you tested whether recordings are not made when you would expect them when LD is ON - and conversely if recordings are made when LD is OFF? R-

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 8:55:00 #41 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Recordings are not made when LD is ON and are made when off.

This of course man be due to my practice of manually changing LD to what I desire evenings and mornings. That said during the mornings (when LD is on) it does spot me leaving and returning (one failure a while back).

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 9:44:21 #42 |
  3. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Good - so yours is working correctly (apart from once). Can't see it being the phone type (mine is iPhone 5S btw, I know donkeys years old, but....), so I wonder if it is router related? No reply yet from Y-Cam. R-

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 9:55:26 #43 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

BT routers in the past were known for causing problems with non PC kit. Currently using a Orange Live box.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 11:53:40 #44 |
  5. RogerB

RogerB

special member

I have now heard back from customer support who advise me that the issue of poor location recording is caused by my phone not having consistent 4G (data connection) - so, a matter of geography not technology. Phone signal here in deepest Dorset (Bride Valley) is unpredictable. R-

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 13:46:45 #45 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I am doubtful - my guess is poor location reporting is probably down to a reduced GPS signal such as you get indoors.

No 4G here at all, 3G via femtocell. I can understand needing data to upload recordings but not to turn LR on and off.

Does your ISP do a FEMTOCELL? That would give you rock solid data (normally with no data charges).

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 14:16:24 #46 |
  7. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Well, I think for £49 I can live with it being inconsistent. Just checked the activities log and in the last 7 days I have recorded 398 videos. I wonder how many behave like mine? R-

EDIT: Just checked with BT - they do not offer Femtocell

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 14:27:53 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

RogerB - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have now heard back from customer support who advise me that the issue of poor location recording is caused by my phone not having consistent 4G (data connection) - so, a matter of geography not technology. Phone signal here in deepest Dorset (Bride Valley) is unpredictable. R-

Not sure that's a good reason. I have rock solid 4G (30+mbps) inside and outside the property. The app just doesn't send location requests to the phone. I can launch apps like weather radar, street view, cell tower apps and they all push a location request to the phone which can be seen in Android location settings.

The irony is that if I go onto the Y-cam webpage it shows my phone's location on there possibly from when location first set in the app.

The app just doesn't recognise my coming and going at all.

(Running Android 7.0 on MotoG4 with same WiFi network and Bluetooth on)

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 14:58:24 #48 |
  9. RogerB

RogerB

special member

Is that in the "My account" screen? This is a screen shot of my account for the 5s which was added again yesterday when I put the app back on. Or, are you talking about somewhere else? R-

Attachments

1. Screen_Shot_2018-09-26_at_15.09.30.png (18.9 KB, 3 downloads) 5 years old
    | Wed 26 Sep 2018 15:11:10 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

kar999

RogerB - 6 hours ago  » 
    Is that in the "My account" screen? This is a screen shot of my account for the 5s which was added again yesterday when I put the app back on. Or, are you talking about somewhere else? R-

Yep that's the screen. It knows my location once set on the app... It just doesn't know when I come and go.

I can't seem to upload a screenshot but the location field on the webpage you posted above says my location.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 21:43:53 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.