morgansweep - 33 mins ago  » 
    Hi Thanks for that
    An example of the result I got is
    Transponder All Strength 90% Quality 100%
    Trans 10714 H 22000 A Str 90% Qual 100%
    Trans 10729 V 22000 A Str 75% Qual 0%
    Does this seem like a LNB fault

Yes you appear to have lost the verticals

Have you tried a reset to factory defaults ?

| Sat 22 May 2021 12:35:38 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

morgansweep

I did when I first started this process.
    I will do it again.

| Sat 22 May 2021 12:39:25 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

morgansweep

The factory reset (Humax) gave the same answer, unable to tune in Freesat mode.
    I have not said exactly what I have. A quad LNB to 3 Bush scart connected receivers and 1 Humax Foxsat HD.
    I reinstalled Freesat on a different Bush STB this afternoon with any problems with some channels freezing.
    I manually tuned the Humax using different transponders both vertical and horizontal and some tuned and some found no signal. eg BBC and ITV channels ok. E4 and some others not. All work when the transponder is set to All.
    I have also tried to update the software but couldn't find my device on their site.
    I am completely at a loss.

| Sat 22 May 2021 19:37:46 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

morgansweep - 1 hour ago  » 
    The factory reset (Humax) gave the same answer, unable to tune in Freesat mode.
    I have not said exactly what I have. A quad LNB to 3 Bush scart connected receivers and 1 Humax Foxsat HD.
    I reinstalled Freesat on a different Bush STB this afternoon with any problems with some channels freezing.
    I manually tuned the Humax using different transponders both vertical and horizontal and some tuned and some found no signal. eg BBC and ITV channels ok. E4 and some others not. All work when the transponder is set to All.
    I have also tried to update the software but couldn't find my device on their site.
    I am completely at a loss.

Does your box have this software 1.00.28 or earlier.

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

OTA updates stopped a long time ago. You have to use a USB stick now to update.

If earlier update it.

A bit stuck I no longer have a Foxsat-HD.

| Sat 22 May 2021 21:23:06 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

philgreaves

Having a very similar issue with my parents box so I'm following this thread with great interest.

Is it definitely caused by the sat rather than the box? Previous thread I'd found suggested it was the box/harddrive
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/foxsat-hdr-tunersignal-issue-fixed

Exact same issue with my parents box- can access media from harddrive, can tune manually but auto Freesat set up work accept the postcode. Just crashes forcing you to restart by turning it off.

In manual tune the channels come back but they're all 5xxx.

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 11:39:24 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly which Humax do you have. There are several possibilities including a defective LNB. It should not be crashing however, try a reset to default first.

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 16:24:16 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

philgreaves

Hi apologies it's the Humax fox sat HDR.

By that I mean you mean factory reset? Therefore wiping the recorded programmes?

I should say it happened very suddenly unclear what's caused it.

So is there anyway to check if it's box or satellite? I noticed some steps in this thread - would these apply here also?

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 19:49:44 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

philgreaves - 28 mins ago  » 
    Hi apologies it's the Humax fox sat HDR.
    By that I mean you mean factory reset? Therefore wiping the recorded programmes?
    I should say it happened very suddenly unclear what's caused it.
    So is there anyway to check if it's box or satellite? I noticed some steps in this thread - would these apply here also?

A factory reset does not delete your existing recordings. So photograph the recording schedule and re-enter after the reset. Do not do this until the following checks are done.

Had you already installed the Custom Firmware for this box. You could have saved the schedule and re-instated this after the reset.

There are ways to check but as you posted the completely wrong box not sure if any will will work.

I will post detailed instructions how to do this tomorrow.

Basically you need to use manual tune to confirm that you have a good signal from the Freesat home transponder.

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 20:22:17 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

philgreaves

Hi Graham thanks very much for your assistance.

That's good to know about yeh recordings being safe. My parents mentioned a warning or something for the reset which spooked them I guess. Nothings in the schedule now (due to channel numbers being 5000 etc).

I don't know much about it to be honest. It's just my parents who are even less tech savvy! I don't think they're concerned about schedule though.

Sorry wrong box?? You need further info or a code??

Thanks very much I'll stay tuned. Yes manual tune is doable. Thanks for your help

I wil read up on further detail the checks in this thread.

| Tue 6 Jul 2021 22:49:02 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Menu - Settings -

Change box STB Mode to non freesat Press left to exit settings screen

Press down to Setup. Press right and down to highlight manual tune.

and press OK

Transponder All should be highlighted in yellow. Press keep pressing right until you see 10714 H 22000 5/6.

Signal strength and quality is shown at the bottom of the screen. Id the lnb is OK and the dish is properly aligned you should see 100% for both strength and quality.

If you have a good signal. Exit and change back to Freesat mode and run a freesat tune.

Do not do this until you have a good signal shown from the home transponder.

Attachments

1. Freesat-Home-Transponder-sidnal-test.jpg (90.4 KB, 1 downloads) 2 years old
    | Wed 7 Jul 2021 12:51:39 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.