My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Humax Foxsat HD. Missing channels and no HD channe

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mark5967

Can anyone help? At the beginning of this year I lost most of my channels. Just says bad or no signal. I thought it was the communal sky dish causing the issue but that's been checked and is fine. I've checked my cable and sockets and they're good. I've done a factory reset. It's found all the channels. It shows having a signal on the HD channels that are shown but don't work (all bbc HD channels, ITV etc. But BBC4 HD and Channel 5 do work!!!) Update shows no new software and on the diagnostic page shows updated 8th Dec 2010 software version HZPTSF 1.00.28. Any ideas???? Kind regards Mark

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 14:03:41 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Could be the power supply is on the way out. The Foxsat-HD has a problem with the power supply capacitors. The fix is cheap and easy to do if you can handle a soldering iron.

http://www.componentz.co.uk/product/humax-foxsat-repair-kit/

Welcome to our forum.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 14:24:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mark5967

Don't think it's the power supply. I wish it was so simple.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 20:06:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mark5967 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Don't think it's the power supply. I wish it was so simple.

Why don't you think it's the power suppy, it's a very common problem with Foxsat-HD's (Google It) ? The original capacitors usually fail around 30 months or so from new. Open the box and look for signs of the capacitors having a bulge.

| Sun 6 Nov 2016 21:38:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.