My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Humax FoxSat HDR won't record off menu

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LOCKWOOD

I have a FoxSat HDR that was given to me by a friend. The box works fine, we can watch TV no problems, stop start pause etc. The problem is recording. I can record if for example I am watching a program and I want to record it it will work then, but if I go to the menu to ask it to record something in the future it doesn't work. It comes up with the icon on the program to say that it will record but nothing ever happens when you return to it later.
    The friend who gave me the box said it recorded fine for him and indeed we deleted all the programmes he had stored on it so I know the memory is empty. He did however say that he remembered having to do something "simple" before it would work for him when he bought it but he can't remember what that simple thing was!
    Any help gratefully received! Thanks

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 9:50:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

First thing to try is do a reset to factory defaults. Menu - Setup - Factory Reset - Yes to reset - default pin is 0000 (four zeros). After reset any scheduled recording will need re-entering. Note make sure the box is left in sby overnight, if it's not channel changes won't get implemented so it will get more and more out of date.

Hint to display the guide don't use the guide button, press the schedule button followed by the red (saves the time to download a whole new guide, displays the cached copy instantly).

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 11:04:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LOCKWOOD

Thank you so much Graham - problem fixed! I also don't think it helped that the electrician who installed the box for me had plugged the two satellite wires into the wrong holes! ha ha...Anyway with that and the restore done all recording fine now. Thanks again

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:30:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LOCKWOOD - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you so much Graham - problem fixed! I also don't think it helped that the electrician who installed the box for me had plugged the two satellite wires into the wrong holes! ha ha...Anyway with that and the restore done all recording fine now. Thanks again

Please tell me you corrected the coax cables before the reset.

(two outer connections, nothing on the middle).

Otherwise you will have set up the box in single cable mode.

Basically did you get the message two cables found during the reset ?

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:48:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

LOCKWOOD

During the reset it wouldn't find anything...wouldn't find a satellite signal or anything...so I looked at the manual again and then at the back of the box again and realised the cables were not how they looked in the manual so changed them over then continued with the reset and everything now seems to be ok... well ok as in we can now record... I am living in France by the way I don't know if that makes a difference?

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:15:52 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LOCKWOOD - 8 minutes ago  » 
    During the reset it wouldn't find anything...wouldn't find a satellite signal or anything...so I looked at the manual again and then at the back of the box again and realised the cables were not how they looked in the manual so changed them over then continued with the reset and everything now seems to be ok... well ok as in we can now record... I am living in France by the way I don't know if that makes a difference?

Provided you live in an area that you can get the Freesat home transponder (which you must be as you have validated a postcode) it won't make any difference. The electrician must have connected to tuner 1 out and tuner 2 in, hence no signal on tuner 1 in.

You can in fact record two without a feed to tuner 2 in (dependent on transponders), so recording two is not a 100% test.

Pretty sure you must now be OK, if you want to be sure goto 106 BBC1-HD and press the instant record button. Tap in 111 to goto ITV-HD and start a second recording. Now tap in 102 to watch BBC2-HD. If you can do the latter you are good to go. .

Alternatively start a recording on 106 and 102 and verify you can watch any other channel on the epg.

| Wed 1 Mar 2017 19:31:29 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.