My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Humax HB 1100S seperate volume from tv headphones?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUser99

i just bought a humax HB 1100s and trying to set up my wireless tv headphones so that the volume on the headphones are seperate to the volume on the tv, ive tried plugging the red and white rca connectors from the wireless base of the headphones into the two audio sockets on the back of the 1100s but the volume remains connected to the tv volume.

does anyone know what im doing wrong?

| Mon 29 Jul 2019 22:25:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HumaxUser99 - 28 mins ago  » 
    i just bought a humax HB 1100s and trying to set up my wireless tv headphones so that the volume on the headphones are seperate to the volume on the tv, ive tried plugging the red and white rca connectors from the wireless base of the headphones into the two audio sockets on the back of the 1100s but the volume remains connected to the tv volume.
    does anyone know what im doing wrong?

The 1100S remote has it's own box volume control on it's own remote control. The volume up/down control on it's own remote should vary the volume output.

However you need to change the box settings if you also want to to get a similar volume for others listening to the TV without headphones.

Try this.

Connect your headphones and your TV to the Box. Turn down your TV Volume to avoid deafening anyone and the Headphones volume as well.

Using the Box remote - Press home- press down 3 times to settings and press OK. Press Right to Picture and Sound and press OK. Press down 4 times to Digital audio out and press OK. Press up to select Stereo and press OK. Exit back to the box video and audio output.

Using the box remote control turn up the box volume control to max.

If you have a power on/off timer set match the box volume settings to match.

Select a SD channel. Using the TV remote turn up the TV remote remote to a normal listening level for anyone listening to the TV without headphones.

While listening to your headphones use their own volume control to set a reasonable listening level.

Check viewers listening to the TV get similar volume when viewing a HD channel.

Check Headphones users get similar.

Thereafter

Use the TV remote to vary the volume for TV listeners and the headphones volume control for headphones listeners.

Note if you have to do a factory reset you will have to repeat the above.

Hope this helps

| Mon 29 Jul 2019 23:28:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUser99

hi graham, im not sure if i explained properly what the problem is, if i turn the volume up or down on the box, the headphones volume goes up and down too, there doesnt seem to be any way to seperate them, i need them to be seperate, so at night for example i could turn the tv volume down or mute it but turn the headphones volume up so i can listen on the headphones. im not sure that that two rca inputs on the HB 1100S are actually audio "out" which would allow this seperate volume control.

| Tue 30 Jul 2019 0:42:19 #3 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

You seem to have missed the cut and thrust of GLTs suggestion. To summarise.

1. Set the 1100's output to stereo.
    2. Use the 1100's volume control to match the 1100 audio level to the same as the TVs sound level (usually max). Now leave it there and don't alter it.
    3. Use the TV's volume control to adjust the room listening level.
    4. Use the headphone's volume control to suit your headphone listening level.

| Tue 30 Jul 2019 7:54:02 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HumaxUser99 - 8 hours ago  » 
    hi graham, im not sure if i explained properly what the problem is, if i turn the volume up or down on the box, the headphones volume goes up and down too, there doesnt seem to be any way to seperate them, i need them to be seperate, so at night for example i could turn the tv volume down or mute it but turn the headphones volume up so i can listen on the headphones. im not sure that that two rca inputs on the HB 1100S are actually audio "out" which would allow this seperate volume control.

The wireless headphones should have their own volume control. Once you have set the pvr volume output level as above (usually near max) do not alter it again.

Use the TV remote to vary the TV Volume. Use the Headphones volume control to vary the headphone volume. As the pvr output level is fixed both should work independently.

| Tue 30 Jul 2019 9:36:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.