My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax HDR-1100S CEC problem

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Justintime

special member

Having read a few posts on the Humax Forum regarding the reliability of Humax CEC I also believe my Humax HDR-1100S has the same problem. It was bought in Aug 2017 and is connected to my Panasonic TX-39A400B TV, bought in Aug 2014, using HDMI1 port. my Pana TV’s CEC is switched ON but the Humax’s CEC feature does not communicate with the TV’s CEC.
    I also have a Samsung Blu-Ray disc player BD-H6500/XU, bought in Feb 2016, connected to the same Pana TV’s HDMI2 port and the Samsung’s CEC feature communicates reliably with the Pana TV’s CEC.
    I know this because after watching the Humax on HDMI1 and switch ON the Samsung Blu-Ray the TV input will auto-switch to HDMI2. However the reverse does not work so if I have been watching via Blu-Ray on HDMI2 and then switch the Humax ON the input does not auto-switch to HDMI1. I have to do this manually.
    In case it was the TV HDMI1 port I tried switching the HDMI cables at the TV and I have tried other HDMI cables. Nothing changed.
    I know CEC runs from pin 13 on the HDMI connection so it is possible, but unlikely I think, that just that one pin on my particular Humax HDMI port would be damaged. I say this because I am sure other Humax users have the same problem. One example is user atacama40 who has posted but I seem to recall others having it too.
    Is it something we have to live with?

| Sun 29 Apr 2018 11:39:25 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.