My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax hdr1010s not responding to remote

(252 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JayInBristol - 28 minutes ago  » 
    So I'm wondering - do you guys think I should replace the box or not? Other than those two occasions when it first froze it seems to be working perfectly.
    I'd appreciate any feedback/views!!!
    Thanks,
    J.

I agree with you - it seems a problem which just cropped up and from the posts here - I think it is an externally caused problem.

I also think there are at least three different problems mentioned in this thread.

1. Full freeze at startup
    2. Partial freeze (Volume, Mute and standby working) not necessarly at statup.
    3. Freeze after getting multiple network connects/disconnects one after the other.

I actively avoid using the remote just after start-up as it is apparent that the remote processing task is started some time after the picture has appeared.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 13:53:57 #231 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Might be worth it.

Make sure they give you the latest box with TV and STB on the remote control. If those buttons are not on the remote, it is old stock.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 13:57:19 #232 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

JayInBristol - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I've got a replacement box waiting for me to pick up at Richer Sounds next week - but I'm wondering if there's any point?
    I've had the "freeze" problem happen twice, when I first got the box - about ten days ago. But it seems increasingly unlikely, from what I've read here, that it's a hardware problem that would be solved with a replacement - it sounds rather like an occasional issue that may/may not happen with any box...
    So I'm wondering - do you guys think I should replace the box or not? Other than those two occasions when it first froze it seems to be working perfectly.
    I'd appreciate any feedback/views!!!
    Thanks,
    J.

I wouldn't expect the new box to behave differently from the one you've got, but as you've asked for the replacement would it not be just as well to go through with it? And that way you can see for yourself whether it makes a difference.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 14:07:10 #233 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayInBristol

JamesB - 27 minutes ago  » I wouldn't expect the new box to behave differently from the one you've got, but as you've asked for the replacement would it not be just as well to go through with it? And that way you can see for yourself whether it makes a difference.

Only reason I'm unsure is that in every other respect the current box is working perfectly, which may or may not be the case with a replacement one - and the problem hasn't recurred. Though as you say, it might be an interesting experiment...

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 14:39:09 #234 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayInBristol

PS Richer Sounds didn't get a replacement in specially btw, it's just part of their usual re-stock, else I'd feel obliged to swap them over.

| Sat 28 Mar 2015 14:40:05 #235 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jems

Hi all, havn't posted anything for a couple of weeks when freesat were looking into this. I havn't had any lockups since then. The only facility I havn't switched back on is the auto sleep. I don't have it connected to the internet and never did have. I switch to standby after watching in the evening and it wakes up at 06:00, so far with no problems since the original 3 or 4 lockups per day. For me it looks as though the problem is over(for now). regards John

| Wed 1 Apr 2015 13:52:14 #236 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JayInBristol

This is a long-shot, but just wondering if anyone else has had their box lock up today (Monday 6th April)?

This was a first for me - the picture locked while watching the football on BBC1 HD, just leaving a static image and continuing sound. Fixed with the usual hard reboot (off and on at the mains). Previously I'd only had problems when switching the box and TV on in the mornings...

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 1:26:16 #237 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lbroom

I've been hit with same lock up problem as previous posts. It happened to me tonight whilst watching Masterchef. The only functionality I have from the remote or box controls are Volume up/down & standby. When switching the box back on from standby, it will either come up with a black screen, or the same channel. I haven't switched it off at the mains as I currently have it recording things. The problem hadn't gone away from my previous notification in March, but had been less frequent. Any further advice about correcting issue? I have tried all factory settings reboots, using a timer to power-off the mains, in the hope the box will operate correctly.

| Wed 15 Apr 2015 22:17:15 #238 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kroma

I have finally succumbed to the lock-up problem. Mrs Kroma manually switched our 1000s on this morning and after waiting a little while went to the recording screen. It didn't populate, the picture-in-picture view of the current channel showed a fraction of the non-zoomed-out image and the standby and mute buttons worked but I couldn't revive the machine. A switch off and on at the mains cured it. I'm connected to the internet via ethernet and have managed to escape the problem so far. Hopefully a remedy will be on the way!
    Kroma

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 11:14:08 #239 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elsie

I've just joined in as I am experiencing the same problem. Has anyone had any help from Humax yet? I'm planning to tackle them tomorrow.

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 23:56:50 #240 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.