My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax hdr1010s not responding to remote

(252 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tmiddlemiss

I am also experiencing this "lockup" of the Humax 1010S - the latest being today, 5th May. Currently the box is frozen on the program that was being watched at shutdown last night. Apart from the volume control, nothing else is working on the remote or on the box. This has happened on three occasions in the past week. Until I read this forum I was about to take the box back to Currys. I will now unpack the box again and try the factory default option mentioned earlier on.

I also have an Echostar HDS600RS Freesat box which is not experiencing any problems. This makes me wonder who is doing the coding? Is it the manufacturer using a spec. supplied by Freesat, or does Freesat supply the actual code?

My experience of Humax over the years is that they have put together some very good boxes. However, they do seem reluctant to keep people up to date whenever problems occur - responding on a piecemeal basis to individuals rather than putting out "alerts" when problems arise.

I also have an issue with the 1010S coding, hence my query above as to who is carrying it out. It takes far too long for the software to load - 30 to 35 seconds, which I consider to be inefficient. There are also too many keystrokes required to carry out actions in the EPG. All very irritating when you sometimes realise you are missing the start of a program you wanted to watch.

| Tue 5 May 2015 11:12:11 #241 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tmiddlemiss - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I am also experiencing this "lockup" of the Humax 1010S - the latest being today, 5th May. Currently the box is frozen on the program that was being watched at shutdown last night. Apart from the volume control, nothing else is working on the remote or on the box. This has happened on three occasions in the past week. Until I read this forum I was about to take the box back to Currys. I will now unpack the box again and try the factory default option mentioned earlier on.
    I also have an Echostar HDS600RS Freesat box which is not experiencing any problems. This makes me wonder who is doing the coding? Is it the manufacturer using a spec. supplied by Freesat, or does Freesat supply the actual code?
    My experience of Humax over the years is that they have put together some very good boxes. However, they do seem reluctant to keep people up to date whenever problems occur - responding on a piecemeal basis to individuals rather than putting out "alerts" when problems arise.
    I also have an issue with the 1010S coding, hence my query above as to who is carrying it out. It takes far too long for the software to load - 30 to 35 seconds, which I consider to be inefficient. There are also too many keystrokes required to carry out actions in the EPG. All very irritating when you sometimes realise you are missing the start of a program you wanted to watch.

How long does it take your PC to boot from scratch ?

EU energy saving law requires all newer pvrs to have a sby power consumption of 0.5W or less. That is the reason it takes a little while to boot from sby. A Sky box will boot up very quickly from so called sby. Trouble is it's not in sby at all, it uses very nearly as much power in sby as it does when fully on.

Post some examples of why you think it takes too many keystrokes in the epg. Are you using the available navigation shortcut keys ?

| Tue 5 May 2015 11:25:35 #242 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bingo

This issue cropped up on my parent's Humax 1000S today, for the first time.

At first I though the remote's batteries were flat, and swapped them for new ones to no avail. Then I realised the buttons on the box also did not respond, and the volume buttons on the remote still did work, which led me to Googling the issue and arriving at this thread.

After several power-off reboots did not solve anything, my mother left the box unplugged from the mains for half an hour or so, and it's actually been fine since starting up again.

I just wanted to post here as it seems this issue crops up every few weeks, effecting quite a few people each time. If I see the issue again, I will try the factory reset as described earlier in this thread.

| Fri 15 May 2015 16:13:13 #243 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

If you just switch off the unit at the mains the power supply keeps supplying the unit until the green light on the power supply goes off. You should then wait say 30 secs before re-powering.

Frequently these other keys also function - mute and usually but not always, standby. If standby functions place in standby and then power cycle to reduce the chance of disk corruption as the unit is constantly recording.

| Fri 15 May 2015 16:20:20 #244 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bingo

Unfortunately, standby did not work for me so I had to resort to the mains power-off cycle, which I hate doing, for reasons you mention. It seems maybe I didn't leave it powered off for long enough though, good call.

| Fri 15 May 2015 16:24:02 #245 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave_soton

Last week I have been having a similar problem except it goes completely unresponsive and the only resort is to pull the power. Sadly yesterday this ended up getting worse to the extent that as soon as it starts up it goes unresponsive.

I removed the network cable during testing and now it is nothing short of perfect. its so responsive now using the tv guide and generally doing anything.

| Sun 17 May 2015 20:24:58 #246 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

kroma

I've had this problem a couple of times before. However, the problem returned again yesterday and I had difficulty resolving it.

Like the previous poster, after cycling the power the box became instantly unresponsive. This happened at least 5 times even when waiting 10 minutes before restoring power.

I thought my Humax was past saving!

The solution appeared to be to leave it unplugged for about 20 minutes. In the past I'd managed to solve it by unplugging for a mere 30 seconds.

When I first powered up the box yesterday evening, it was tuned to Channel 4. There's mention in another thread that there have been problems with the EPG on Channel 4.

Could this issue be related to EPG problems?

Kroma

| Mon 18 May 2015 0:06:23 #247 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugsley

Its weird how this remote/box freeze problem keeps coming around. I hadn't experienced it for weeks, and then Saturday, bosh, the remote had no capability to do anything apart from alter volume or power off. The unplug for xx minutes routine solved the problem, and now my Humax 1010 and remote love each other again and work together seamlessly, hooray. Truthfully, domestic customers like ourselves should not have to keep doing factory resets or power-offs to solve this issue. The question is why does this keep happening? I guess that has to be rhetorical unless Freesat/Humax are listening and working on resolving this as I type..............yeah cause they are!!

| Mon 18 May 2015 6:56:32 #248 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wendyma

I am back again too!! got home to relax and Humax remote wont do anything - not even switch on or off. naturally I changed the batteries in the remote, powered off the system for 5 mins etc etc but no joy as yet. Please Humax, we love our TV boxes, please try to find out what is happening

| Mon 18 May 2015 21:50:54 #249 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wendyma - 24 minutes ago  » 
    I am back again too!! got home to relax and Humax remote wont do anything - not even switch on or off. naturally I changed the batteries in the remote, powered off the system for 5 mins etc etc but no joy as yet. Please Humax, we love our TV boxes, please try to find out what is happening

Have you changed the IR mode of your remote because you have more than 1 Humax box in the same room ?.

Do the front panel buttons still work ? If so does the remote now control the other box. ?

If so reset the IR mode to the one you originally used, (There is a rare and random bug that changes the IR remote to mode 1)

If the buttons on the box still work try removing the batteries from your remote and hold down any button for a short period and then re-install the batteries.

In the end it may be simply a fault in the remote control.

| Mon 18 May 2015 22:30:30 #250 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.