My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax App problems

(27 posts)
  1. jmaynard

jmaynard

Setting aside the bizarre decision to release the box when the app was not close to ready; ignoring the many missed release dates for the app; it is now available.
    But, it does not work!
    I know I am connected to my Aura because I can see the Recordings; but the Schedule shows empty (which it is not) and, most strangely, the TV Guide is empty (apart form the date/time).
    I have tried the app (with same results) on two iPads (one on 14.3, one on 14.4), an iPhone (14.4) and an Android phone. Both the Schedule and TV guide work in a browser pointed at myhumax.net.
    I am a long-term IT professional and have tried all the usual fixes (power cycle, reinstall, reconnect to box etc) but the app just is not working. If Manahattan had an app I would be swapping today...

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:10:28 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jmaynard - 19 mins ago  » 
    Setting aside the bizarre decision to release the box when the app was not close to ready; ignoring the many missed release dates for the app; it is now available.
    But, it does not work!
    I know I am connected to my Aura because I can see the Recordings; but the Schedule shows empty (which it is not) and, most strangely, the TV Guide is empty (apart form the date/time).
    I have tried the app (with same results) on two iPads (one on 14.3, one on 14.4), an iPhone (14.4) and an Android phone. Both the Schedule and TV guide work in a browser pointed at myhumax.net.
    I am a long-term IT professional and have tried all the usual fixes (power cycle, reinstall, reconnect to box etc) but the app just is not working. If Manahattan had an app I would be swapping today...

I have the latest release of the android app and it is working fine on both a tablet and a phone.

Try deleting the box in the app settings and adding it again to your MyHumax.net account.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:32:13 #2 |
  3. jmaynard

jmaynard

I have the latest version of the Aura app on iOS, iPadOS and Android - all with the same fault...

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:33:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jmaynard - 1 min ago  » 
    I have the latest version of the Aura app on iOS, iPadOS and Android - all with the same fault...

Using the android app settings delete the box and add it again to your MyHumax.net account. You should get a code on screen you copy to your android device,

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:36:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Maximus

I can be of no help to you except to say this app runs great for me on Android phone and iOS iPad,on now, TV guide, recordings and downloads all good with a wifi speed of 12 at best,there was an update yesterday for the app on Android but it was fine before,hope you get sorted cos the Manhattan box is not a patch on this for me

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:37:12 #5 |
  6. jmaynard

jmaynard

Using the android app settings delete the box and add it again to your MyHumax.net account. You should get a code on screen you copy to your android device,

Done all that - I know I am connected to my aura because all copies of the app display the Recordings saved

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:37:24 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thread title edited because I am not having that.

Apps were not a pre-requisite to the actual unit being released.

Other members appear to be using the apps without issue (thank you Maximus for confirming as I was drafting this)

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 10:41:14 #7 |
  8. Mars

Mars

special member

jmaynard - 1 hour ago  » 

Done all that - I know I am connected to my aura because all copies of the app display the Recordings saved

Connection to the TV Guide and Schedule does not require a connection to the box as it works away from home, which suggests that it requires a connection to the server. In settings (with the Android app) you can check that you are signed in to your account and connected to your device. What does this show?

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 11:50:52 #8 |
  9. jmaynard

jmaynard

Mars
    Thanks for the response

What does this show?
    All show I am connected and confirm IP address of Aura.

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 11:54:31 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

jmaynard - 7 mins ago  » 
    Mars
    Thanks for the response

What does this show?
    All show I am connected and confirm IP address of Aura.

It shows that you are signed into your account? Have you tried signing out of your account and then signing back in?

| Fri 29 Jan 2021 12:03:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.