My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax pass-thru experiment

(60 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

JamesB - 32 minutes ago  » 
    +1 to Bill63’s post.
    Once upon a time there was no loopthrough: no RF to TV while Humax is in standby, RF to TV while Humax is on..
    Fix happened: now there is RF to TV while Humax is in standby and RF to TV while Humax is on but inbetween, while the box is booting, there is zilch because there is a gaping lacuna between what's been patched in and what was there before.
    I would guess.

I think you have hit the nail squarely on the head there JamesB.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 0:11:03 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

Faust - 12 minutes ago  » 
    The loop-thru fix works when the Humax is switched off as expected. However, when the box is brought out of standby it then cuts the signal to the TV (different input, TVs own DVB tuner in operation).
    That happens with or without a HDMI cable so cannot be a handshake issue. This should not happen and would suggest the loop-thru fix is deficient in some way.

If you have a scart cable connected the box will auto select the scart input on boot. Have you tried it with just a CVBS cable or a doctored scart cable?

It knocks the Panasonic TV signal out without a HDMI cable being connected Graham - the only connection is the RF lead so not sure why scart would make a difference. Besides, our TV does not have a scart. I've probably got any number of composite video cables but again not sure how this would assist.
    This was only an experiment as I don't have any issues in reality as I use a passive splitter. However, something with pass-thru has changed as previously simply firing up the Humax would not knock out the signal when using Panasonic DVB tuner - it's all very strange.

I suspect it must be a hardware issue. As regard the other issue Humax boxes are known to pulse pin 13 on a scart cable when waking up to make a recording (and also power the hdmi, presumably at the same time). If you are watching the TV tuner, and your box has a scart connection your picture disappears for a short period. There is therefore a possibility that this could be construed as loss of rf. Same happens on TV's that have auto scart selection based on hdmi port activity.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 10:42:01 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

We have just bought a new BT Youview DTR T2110 and that is made by Humax, and there is no signal loss to the TV at all when you wake the box up out of standby. I cant understand why Humax is having this problem with the loop through on their freeview boxes, when other manufactures don't. Some other boxes do cut off the loop through if they are set to low power mode on standby, but if set to normal they work OK with out signal loss on wake up.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 11:33:59 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

bill63 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    We have just bought a new BT Youview DTR T2110 and that is made by Humax, and there is no signal loss to the TV at all when you wake the box up out of standby. I cant understand why Humax is having this problem with the loop through on their freeview boxes, when other manufactures don't. Some other boxes do cut off the loop through if they are set to low power mode on standby, but if set to normal they work OK with out signal loss on wake up.

If I recall correctly, when the 2000T was launched and the howls of disbelief arose, Humax said they just forgot about it. Hence the (apparently cackhanded) loopthrough-as-afterthought fix.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 11:46:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Well the 4000T as the same problem, so they have not totally got it right.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 11:54:04 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

bill63 - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Well the 4000T as the same problem, so they have not totally got it right.

Or it may not be the loopthrough - see Graham's post above.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 12:22:27 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

James B I have got the 4000T and its got the same problem as the 2000T OK.
    And it is LOOP THROUGH signal problem. But other that the box works fine.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 12:33:00 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

bill63 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    James B I have got the 4000T and its got the same problem OK.

What do you mean?

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 12:41:08 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I am saying I have got the 4000T, so I know what I am on about. But in your last post you said, Or it may not be the loopthrough - see Graham's post above. Thats what got me as we are talking about it, and I am saying it seems strange that the 4000T as the same problem with signal to the TV.

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 12:51:56 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

bill63 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I am saying I have got the 4000T, so I know what I am on about. But in your last post you said, Or it may not be the loopthrough - see Graham's post above. Thats what got me as we are talking about it, and I am saying it seems strange that the 4000T as the same problem with signal to the TV.

The loop through issue with the 2000T is well known, seems strange that if the 4000T has the same issue it has not been reported before.

There is a known issue with the box apparently not booting when recording. This seems to be related to either HDCP handshake issues or problems related to HDMI CEC control.

Are you saying that if you are watching the TV's own tuner that you lose the TV signal and you have low power sby enabled and when either.

The box wakes to make a recording ?

or

You manually boot the box ?

If so I can't say I have seen this reported before.

Barry who had the box pre-release never found any similar issues.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/saliant-points

| Thu 18 Feb 2016 13:02:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.