My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax PVR-9200

(27 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hussyboy - 11 mins ago  » 
    If a remove the Humax harddrive is it possible to connect the Humax harddrive directly to the IDE Cable of a PC that runs windows 10?

You can connect direct to an IDE capable PC; you will also need to connect the power to the drive.

| Fri 11 Sep 2020 17:04:31 #21 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

If a remove the Humax harddrive is it possible to connect the Humax harddrive directly to the IDE Cable of a PC that runs windows 10?

You can connect direct to an IDE capable PC; you will also need to connect the power to the drive.

Remember DO NOT let Windows initialise the drive.

| Fri 11 Sep 2020 18:30:55 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hussyboy

But do I have to use DOS window? or does it work with a windows GUI ?

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 10:24:12 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hussyboy - 1 hour ago  » 
    But do I have to use DOS window? or does it work with a windows GUI ?

You said in your first post that you had downloaded humaxrw and the humaxrw front end. The instructions for HumaxrwfrontEnd are:

"Windows only, .net framework 3.5 required and you need HumaxRW.exe (not provided) to be in the same folder as the Front-End. Some features:
    - Auto detect humax disk drive
    - Easy selection of files - can even be based on keyword (e.g. 'Peppa Pig')
    - Download to any folder on your PC
    - Option to keep only the .ts files (deleting the other 3 files created for each .ts file) [note, this option deletes all the .epg, etc files in the download location, it's not selective]
    - Upload .ts files to the humax disk drive (have ts2hrw.exe in the same folder as the Front-End if you have no hre file for the .ts file)
    - No knowledge of DoS required to use it

As this Front-End simply controls HumaxRW, all the same warnings apply when using this as they do when using HumaxRW normally. In addition, I accept no responsibility for any undesirable outcomes of using this Front-End software - i.e. use at your own risk.

One other thing is that the Front-End waits for HumaxRW to finish whatever it's doing before continuing, so when downloading, uploading, etc it may say "Not Responding" but this is normal and the Front-End will recover when HumaxRW finishes it's current operation."

So basically if everything is working you interact via a graphical user interface.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 12:17:40 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hussyboy

But does it work in Windows 10 64bit v2004 ?

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 14:08:48 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I don't know for sure but I think it should; why not try it? Unlike things like Media Controller it doesn't require a USB driver.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 14:20:49 #26 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Hussyboy - 9 hours ago  » 

HumaxRW does work in Windows 10 64 bit whatever Windows was 4 months ago. It does not work in Linux Mint 17, 18, or 19 64 bit.... normally!!! It does work in a Linux Mint 32 bit live session and also a 32 bit full installation. I said it doesn't work in Linux Mint 64 bit. The first time I tried it on my Mint 64 bit it didn't work, however when I tried it quite a while later (weeks or more) it did work. My 32 bit trials were done on a different computer so did not influence my main computer. I can only assume my 64 bit Mint acquired 32 bit compatibility somehow, maybe some program installation but the only thing I can remember installing around that time was DosBox. Subsequent trials of a 64 bit Mint 19 installation still did not work even after installing DosBox so I've no idea why my main 64 bit computer now runs HumaxRW.

| Sat 12 Sep 2020 23:49:26 #27 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.