My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

humaxrw linux trying to read 9150T disk

(48 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peterm2

I have replaced the disk in my 9150T but want to get the programs off the old disk. My computer runs linux Kubuntu 18.04. The disk is connected. The file manager doesn't pick it up, but gparted shows sdb2 as 'unallocated'. I don't know what parameters to use with humaxrw, as running it without says 'humax disk not found'

Any suggestions welcome. I cannot find instructions for humaxrw.
    Thanks,

| Sat 9 Feb 2019 11:37:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Peterm2 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    I have replaced the disk in my 9150T but want to get the programs off the old disk. My computer runs linux Kubuntu 18.04. The disk is connected. The file manager doesn't pick it up, but gparted shows sdb2 as 'unallocated'. I don't know what parameters to use with humaxrw, as running it without says 'humax disk not found'
    Any suggestions welcome. I cannot find instructions for humaxrw.

For basic help on the commands use the -h paramater to humaxrw. For Linux you use the standard device names eg /dev/hda, /dev/hdb (or /dev/sda or ...).

| Sat 9 Feb 2019 12:01:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peterm2

Brilliant, Many thanks. For the benefit of anyone else that reads this, the commands that I used were:

sudo ./humaxrw -l /dev/sdb
    and
    sudo ./humaxrw -g 1-69 /dev/sdb

| Sat 9 Feb 2019 13:37:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul.mac

Hi,

I have the same problem as Peterm2 above. Our 9150T was in standby mode one morning and wouldn't switch to normal operation. It would run through the startup process but would return to standby mode after 15 seconds or so. I've replaced the hard drive with WD 320GB drive and all appears well but I want to recover some files from the old drive. I did notice that the old drive was very hot when I took it out. I've connected it to my Win10 laptop using a SATA to USB cable but windows explorer doesn't show it and if I run humaxrw it says 'Humax disk not found'. Windows Device Manager shows ASMT 2115 USB Device when I plug the drive in and the USB to SATA lead has blue and red lights (Access and Power) which are both lit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 8:16:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul.mac

I opened the DOS window as an administrator and tried humaxrw 1: -l to humaxrw 9: -l and all I get is No such file or directory.

Thanks

Paul

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 8:27:39 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Perhaps the folder containing humaxrw is not on the system path.
    enter 'Path' in the DOS window to see what it is set to.

You could also change the current folder to the one containing the file first (CD command).

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:58:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

paul.mac - 4 hours ago  » 
    I opened the DOS window as an administrator and tried humaxrw 1: -l to humaxrw 9: -l and all I get is No such file or directory.

Running as an administrator isn't enough; you need to run with administrative privileges; what version of Windows are you using? Of course another possibility is that the drive is really broken (but that is relatively unusual).

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:46:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Perhaps the folder containing humaxrw is not on the system path.
    enter 'Path' in the DOS window to see what it is set to.
    You could also change the current folder to the one containing the file first (CD command).

I don't think that is the issue in this case.

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:49:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul.mac

Hi,

Looked at the path variable, changed it to include the directory where humarxrw is stored. Same response. Changed it in both User and System variables.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Paul

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 13:26:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

paul.mac

Hi,

I did switch to the directory containing humaxrw prior to trying to execute it. I assume it is working as when I type humaxrw -h, I get the help response.

Martin Liddle you say "Running as an administrator isn't enough; you need to run with administrative privileges;" I started the command prompt by right clicking and selecting Run as Admin... is that not enough? If not what do I do to run with Admin Privileges?

what version of Windows are you using? Win 10, mentioned above in my first post

Of course another possibility is that the drive is really broken (but that is relatively unusual). - The drive was very hot when I removed it but it did spin up when I tried to start it from standby mode. So mechanically is works but... The old drive is a WD 160 GB Green drive manufactured in Aug 2009. And we have used it regularly since we purchased it, probably shortly after the manufacture date. Although we have noticed that over the last couple of years that the number of maximum recorded/stored programmes has been steadily reducing.

Thanks

Paul

| Mon 1 Jul 2019 14:26:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.