My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura

(892 posts)
  1. chistery

chistery

Jthspace - 21 mins ago  » 
    LED can be set from full bright to off in the settings. 6 levels of adjustment. I have it set to “1” and its much better

Ah yes, thanks. I didn't think of looking in that menu option!

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 17:42:36 #134 |
  2. slug123uk

slug123uk

slug123uk - 2 hours ago  » 
    YouTube not working and can't play some of my Google Play movies. Early days. Like it very much. Fast and great picture quality.
    Needs to get Netflix.

YouTube now working.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 19:29:21 #135 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

My box was delivered today.

So far I’m impressed with the speed which is the main reason for the purchase.

Has anyone managed to display HDR correctly?

HDR content played through Prime video, YouTube, Plex doesn’t trigger HDR EDID information.

My HD Fury (DIVA) reports :-

4K50 420 BT709 8b 297MHz 2.2

Which is SD colour space.

Resolution is set to “auto” and I had expected Aura to output the correct format based upon the content played.

Anyone else seen this?

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 19:46:41 #136 |
  4. chistery

chistery

Amazon UHD content makes my TV change to HDR mode.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 21:39:16 #137 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

Box arrived today and some testing seems to have this bug if anyone willing to test also, and if any people have contacts with humax to forward.

It disables Ethernet during connecting to VPN, this happens on 4 vpn providers I tested, works fine on WiFi.

It also gives an ipv6 address on networking even though I have that off at router level - needs the IPv6 toggle on and off like Nvidia shield.

Then the same as few have reported

NowTV installs but says not compatible
    BBC iPlayer and bbc sounds black screen
    No Netflix, but can sideload a patched Netflix that gives 1080 at 5800kbps but needs a mouse as pants mobile app.

That’s the few bugs so far I have noticed.

The rest has been fine and getting used to freeview play.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 21:43:04 #138 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

Further to my post, I’ve had a firmware update (I think, not 100% sure), which has resulted in a change in the display output ;

HD Fury reports :

4K50 422 BT2020 12b SDR 594MHz 2.2

So an improvement but still not HDR.

I’ve also noticed that the upscaling output isn’t great, e.g. 1080i -> 4k50. My TV (Sony ZD9) does a better job, so I now set the output to 1080p50 and allow the TV to do the rest.

So not an all in one device as I had hoped. They need to fix HDR at a minimum (assuming that I’m not doing something stupid)...

... which incidentally is the inverse of Freeesat’s Arris box (that has HDR permanently enabled)!

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 21:48:31 #139 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

chistery - 16 mins ago  » 
    Amazon UHD content makes my TV change to HDR mode.

Interesting. I’ll look into it tomorrow. I’ve had no success so far ..

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 21:57:05 #140 |
  8. Jthspace

Jthspace

Zenmate VPN seems to function properly as I started it and then tried an IPTV app and it worked.

Noticed you cannot have wifi and ethernet connected at same time.

My LG tv shows great signal strength when connected direct to the aerial. Same connection to the Humax box shows a much weaker signal strength and has drop-outs on some channels. HD channels even disappeared at one point. Never an issue with the TV. Doesnt tune as many channels in either, about 9mshort it would seem.

Volume low on some channels.

With BBC iplayer/catchup/restart on green missing, this getting a 7/10 score at the moment. Will persevere for a few days more then may be returning it.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 21:57:42 #141 |
  9. mhargreaves

Mark Hargreaves

special member

Does the aura work with an IR remote?

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 22:14:26 #142 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

danny121pt

Jthspace - 32 mins ago  » 
    Zenmate VPN seems to function properly as I started it and then tried an IPTV app and it worked.
    Noticed you cannot have wifi and ethernet connected at same time.
    My LG tv shows great signal strength when connected direct to the aerial. Same connection to the Humax box shows a much weaker signal strength and has drop-outs on some channels. HD channels even disappeared at one point. Never an issue with the TV. Doesnt tune as many channels in either, about 9mshort it would seem.
    Volume low on some channels.
    With BBC iplayer/catchup/restart on green missing, this getting a 7/10 score at the moment. Will persevere for a few days more then may be returning it.

Was the vpn test when on ethernet?

I have one more to try, but this was actually a common issue on android tv os in past also on some devices.

| Mon 9 Nov 2020 22:30:36 #143 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.