My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Incorrect Link, the link is currently not available

(60 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonegee

I've had this "incorrect link" message a few times when trying to use on demand. A quick fix for me at the time was to unplug the Ethernet cable from my router and plug it back in again. This fixed the network issue and allowed me to use "On Demand" Until next time !

| Sun 29 Sep 2013 23:05:51 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

CliveB

I still have no idea why I was getting Incorrect link, however borrowing my sons router it worked. Bought a new router and it all works perfectly. Original Belkin was relatively old and obviously not compatible

| Mon 30 Sep 2013 1:43:48 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SGW

i had the same issue recently with a new HDR 1000s bought form Argos a couple of weeks ago. I spent ages on the phone with Humax- downloaded the software patch they sent, restarted etc all to no avail. Then i got some new customer service agent that said that the problem was with BT routers and that somehow they have a problem working with Humax! the upshot being it is not Humax's fault but BT's and if I want the freesat box to get on demand services I need to change my broadband provider!! Still weighing my options on that as it used to work when i first bought it and there was no warning of this when I purchased. Any one else the same thing?

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 8:59:58 #43 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I find that hard to believe, there would be hundreds of complaints if connection via BT was not possible.

1. Is this a BT home hub you are trying to connect to?

2. How are you connecting to router - ie wifi, powerline or ethernet cable, this might aid in our members offering a solution.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 9:27:00 #44 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I'm on BT via HomeHub 3 and have no issues via Ethernet.
    Even if it were the case then surely it would be down to Humax to update their software to make the boxes work with BT routers.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 11:08:05 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

It would certainly help to arrive at an objective opinion on this problem if the poster detailed precisely what his network setup is. My 1000S is connected as follows...

1000S --> 5 port switch --> 8 port switch --> router --> internet
    all in hard-wired cat5 cable

...never once had a problem.
    BTW... you can buy a 30 metre cat5 cable for less than 10 Pounds. String it out over the floor 1000s direct to router, best test of all.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 12:59:13 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SGW

I have it connected via a powerline form a BT Home Hub 3 and I got iplayer etc for the first couple of weeks, then I started getting the 'incorrect link' message for all on demand services. At first Humax said it was a common software error and sent me a patch via email that I had to upload to the box via a USB stick. that didn't work so they made me restart and reload- that didn't work. then the third guy i got to said that it was a problem with BT routers and couldn't be fixed as the problem was not with the Humax box. he also said it was common apparently. I was offered no further support.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 16:27:22 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SGW - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have it connected via a powerline form a BT Home Hub 3 and I got iplayer etc for the first couple of weeks,

Have you tested the Powerline adapters by connecting something other than the Humax eg a PC?

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 17:35:58 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Humax are talking ****. The very fact that they offered you a patch suggests that they think the Humax firmware may be a problem. Get yourself a 30m Cat5 cable from Amazon. String it out direct from Humax to router. Test it to death. That will tell you conclusively if the box or router is at fault. If all works perfectly then it's the powerline plugs that are the problem. If you continue to have the problem with the cable in place then there is some kind of interface problem with BT Hubs, which Humax should recognise and fix. My own judgement is the powerline plugs are the problem.

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 17:37:15 #49 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do the powerline adapters have a energy saving feature?

| Tue 5 Nov 2013 17:38:08 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.