My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

IN/OUT of stand-by advice desired

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Treat yourself to a Harmony universal remote, my HDR1000S responds to my harmony with the remote pointing the other way to the box.

Well firstly you need to remortgage your home to fund the cost of the Harmony. Secondly - you need to enrol at night school in order to learn how to programme it and then use it.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:07:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Thanks for all the input to solving my problem! I have not been idle and tried hopefully constructive fiddling. Viera Link came up as unavailable, so that was one thing disposed of. of the three HDMI ports only #1 worked, even with preferred input source set to PVR.

Lastly, I set the Panny to select AV priority. A blackscreen for that source appears quickly, but is static. Pressing the STB and standby buttons acivates to live Freesat.

Fingers Xd, I could have found the solution with all your good help.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:08:16 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 12 minutes ago  » 

Treat yourself to a Harmony universal remote, my HDR1000S responds to my harmony with the remote pointing the other way to the box.

Well firstly you need to remortgage your home to fund the cost of the Harmony. Secondly - you need to enrol at night school in order to learn how to programme it and then use it.

Eh

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-350-Remote-Control/dp/B00KD5LBVY/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics-accessories&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1481120371&sr=1-4&keywords=harmony+remote

All you have to do is log onto the Logitech website and tell them what devices you have and answer a few simple questions. If you find that difficult there is something wrong

It's a lot simpler than getting to grips with a twin tuner pvr.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:22:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

night school would be more problematic than funding Harmony. Octogeneric Cerclebois prefers not to drive at night!

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 15:33:44 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 45 minutes ago  » 
    night school would be more problematic than funding Harmony. Octogeneric Cerclebois prefers not to drive at night!

I'm 72, my 9 year old granddaughter could set one up given a list of the devices. Only skill required is downloading and installing the Harmony software and connecting the remote to a PC USB port.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 16:21:42 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'm 72, my 9 year old granddaughter could set one up given a list of the devices.

I know plenty of people who would struggle. The £35 model doesn't come with an LCD screen which is one of the things that makes Harmony remotes so useful when configured. The £50 model with a screen is simply overkill for the OP (original poster) unless there are multiple devices to control.

A word of warning, the rechargeable battery in one of mine gave up the ghost after about 5 years, easily replaceable though. Some of the newer models have a non-replaceable rechargeable battery, I'd be inclined to stick to models that used standard batteries.

They do come up on sale every now and again at a significant discount and even the discounted price is hard to justify at times.

Cerclebois, I'm glad you've found a work around. It's worthwhile trying the Hotel mode though, in theory it should save a button press or two

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 17:47:46 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If the OP has a smart phone or tablet the freesat remote scheduling app can be used to control a G2 box using your home WiFi (No need to pair the app). No line of site required the box can even be in a different room to your Android/IOS device.

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 20:35:00 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 8 hours ago  » 

Eh
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Harmony-350-Remote-Control/dp/B00KD5LBVY/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics-accessories&tag=blusas008-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1481120371&sr=1-4&keywords=harmony+remote
    All you have to do is log onto the Logitech website and tell them what devices you have and answer a few simple questions. If you find that difficult there is something wrong

I have six different devices to control. I tried the Harmony but found it just to difficult to remember which buttons were controlling which devices, so sent it back.

I asked the wife last night to stop a video which was playing just before the evening news. After looking at the remote like it was a UXB she pressed a button and closed down the Humax completely. That was just ONE remote. Can you imagine the confusion if she had one remote controlling six different devices.

I did try to imagine it but the images quickly became too frightening .

| Wed 7 Dec 2016 23:48:28 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » ...No line of site required the box can even be in a different room to your Android/IOS device.

If you have more than one box remember to make a note of the code...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/using-freesatfreetime-app-as-a-rc-only#post-51114

We're still in the dark ages of technology where Humax are concerned.

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 5:50:03 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 10 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 8 hours ago  » 

Eh

I have six different devices to control. I tried the Harmony but found it just to difficult to remember which buttons were controlling which devices, so sent it back.
    I asked the wife last night to stop a video which was playing just before the evening news. After looking at the remote like it was a UXB she pressed a button and closed down the Humax completely. That was just ONE remote. Can you imagine the confusion if she had one remote controlling six different devices.
    I did try to imagine it but the images quickly became too frightening .

The whole point is you don't have to find the right remote. I have 10 devices and 12 activities. The more kit you have the easier it is to control.

If better half wants to watch the HDR1000S she pushes Watch HDR1000S.

The remote boots the HDR1000S, turns on the Yamaha AV receiver, selects the correct HDMI input used by the HDR1000S and turns on the TV and selects the correct HDMI port used by the Yamaha receiver, it then sends a exit command to the 1000S to get rid of the home screen. This allows the whole caboodle to be controlled from the Kitchen so the Kitchen TV can be used without needing to go into the lounge.

(To do this you would 3 remotes and control the volume with the Yamaha remote)

If she wants to then watch a recording made on my first HDR-FOX-T2 she pushes Watch HDR-FOX-T2:1 (I have 2). Box turns on the first HDR-FOX-T2, turns off the HDR1000-S and selects the correct input on the Yamaha AV reciever.

At the end of the day one button (Off) turns of all the currently used kit.

It would be a nightmare having to juggle 10 remotes instead of one.

| Thu 8 Dec 2016 10:39:38 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.