My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Internet Connection Speeds For Aura

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mad123

Hi All

I`m new to both the Aura and this forum, so looking for help.
    I have an internet speed of 1GB and only seem to get 100mbps using an ethernet connection direct to the box.

however im getting more Via wifi.
    is there a way of increasing the ethernet speed ?

Kind regards#
    Mark

| Fri 2 Sep 2022 17:42:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mad123 - 59 mins ago  » 
    I have an internet speed of 1GB and only seem to get 100mbps using an ethernet connection direct to the box.
    however im getting more Via wifi.
    is there a way of increasing the ethernet speed ?

The Aura manual doesn't say anything about the speed of the ethernet port but the Humax website does say it is a Gigabit port. I take it your ethernet connection is a direct wired connection to the router? How are you measuring the speed?

| Fri 2 Sep 2022 18:46:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mad123

Hi yes
    I have a direct cable from the router
    To the humax, I then use a speed test to check the speed.
    I used the same cable direct to my lap top using the same speed test and achieved about 700mbs to 800mbs max , so im very confused on the lack of speed to the box , or could i be doing something wrong ? Thank you for your help
    Mark

| Sat 3 Sep 2022 20:41:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If you are using the Speedtest by Ookla app you may be getting confused by the circular display only going up to 100mb.
    As per the photos, swipe up the line and adjust the units that are displayed.
    You may need to install an airmouse app and use your phone to do this.

| Sat 3 Sep 2022 20:49:46 #4 |
  5. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Just to make sure there is no confusion.

The Aura's RJ45 connection is 1 Gigabit (Gb) which is up to 1000 Mega bit/second. This is never fully achievable due to network protocol overheads.

The external internet (ISP) speed is only likely to be 1Gb on a direct fibre connection to a property or via cable.

If the Aura is only connecting to whatever its plugged in to at 100Mbs check if that device (switch/router/hub) supports 1Gb connections, some devices are only 100Mbs. The other possibility is a faulty RJ45 cable or some cables, especially cheap ones, don't have all the pins wired which can cause the speed negotiation to reduce from 1Gb to 100Mbs.

| Sun 4 Sep 2022 12:06:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxban

I concur with others.

Your router may have a light where you connect the cable that is green/yellow or something for 1G/100Mbps connections. That might help identify.

The very fact you're getting 100mbps is showing its likely to be router or cable.

If you have access to your router via web browser it should/may show you the connection speed for a device/port.

All the best.

| Wed 7 Sep 2022 15:16:59 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.