(61 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

GrahamRHK - 24 mins ago  » 

jaeger - 1 min ago »
    Mine says V3.7.0 Build Mon Jan 13 2020 10.24
    Device Humax STB 2015 4000TFVP

Mine says the same today. I guess the app checks for updates when it loads.
    The supported devices section currently lists the 4000t as compatible (with live restart temporarily disabled) but the 5000t is no longer listed at all.

I suspect the reason 5000T is not listed for iPlayer compatibility is that the software for 4000T is the same.

People like us know that (for all intent and purpose) they are the same machine, its just odd that they have removed the 5000t completely.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 16:59:15 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

g12she

Problem seems to have been resolved - for me anyway - hope it’s the same for everyone! I phoned Humax, thn sent a very curt email outlying the problems - they were aware & asked me a few questions - serial nr, soft ware version & Internet provider - wich I duly sent - plus lots of pictures of network settings etc....& tonight I find it’s all working - no idea why.........

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 19:48:59 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

My5 Still not working though....

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 20:06:13 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

My iPlayer is also now working. I also had an email as is sent them one yesterday. They wanted my info also, but I hadn't got round to answering. Thought I'd try it and hey presto! It's back working. I did have to reconnect my box to the internet mind you.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 23:20:08 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Mine fired up this morning too.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 8:41:31 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

g12she

This from Humax re Channel 5 - they are very good at getting back to you by email

We are also aware of the My5 issue and are current waiting on a fix from the Channel 5 team. But similarly, once we have it we will update the boxes as soon as possible.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 13:48:40 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ADH2019H

Hi, I purchased a FVP5000T some days back, Despite reboots etc My5 will not load. I contacted Humax twice by phone and got told the same "unplug it and plug it back in"...Im an ex TV?Video engineer so i knew this anyway. I was also told they were not aware of any issues with the My5 app. I contacted My5 direct and My5 are very well aware of a problem with Humax box's and are working on a fix between Humax and My5. Reading other peoples re My5 problems over the months it appears to be an ongoing problem/fix that never gets resolved. Which is a shame because my old Humax recorder lasted 10 years until now. Hence why I purchased another Humax box. Not wishing to purchase a new item that isn't really working, but may work in the future, , I took my box back to the retailer (They also were aware of a problem between My5 and Humax recorders). I swapped mine for a Panasonic DMR HWT150EB. Its virtually the same spec as Humax but only 2 recordings can be made at the same time. It works fine on all free view apps. Its a shame that a new £200 item has major problems which My5 and Humax are well aware of, but Humax won't mention this when you phone them. My5 on the other hand will email you to confirm "they have a problem with Humax recorders"

| Tue 28 Jan 2020 17:55:47 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

ADH2019H - I'm the original poster of this issue. I also always had issues with My5. I also had signal issues from day 1 even with trying a signal attenuator for my strong signal. Got so fed up that like you, I took the Humax back and got a Manhattan box instead. Like the Panasonic, it's a similar spec but just has a twin tuner. Had to fit the attenuation again but got more channels than the Humax did and no signal issues at all since setting it up. My5 also works perfectly. It doesn't have netflix but I have that on both my TV and blu ray player so that's fine. It's a superb box and SO quick. EPG loads so fast. Way better than the Humax did and way faster than my smart TV. Very pleased with it

| Wed 29 Jan 2020 18:23:39 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ADH2019H

Hi Sarah, Thankyou for taking the time to reply. It seems My5 and Humax are both aware of a problem and problems going back to 2017 (read other posts) are unaceptable to say the least.
    You sate you need an attenuator in your aerial feed?. As an ex TV/VCR engineer this is not common. Attenuators are fitted to 'Cut Down' a strong aerial signal (Typically 6dB will halve to signal). I take it you live near the transmitter/repeater?, however no damage to the TV or recorder would occur if the aerial was too strong. Ie if its working ok...leave well alone.
    Humax should not be selling these recorders if they have a known fault.
    After all you wouldn't buy a new car only to find out 3rd isn't working. Then to be told "we are working on this problem".
    Once again its a shame because I did find the Humax box very easy to use, the Panasonic I replaced it with is not so user friendly, but I'll get used to it of course, me being 68 now lol !.

| Thu 30 Jan 2020 15:25:53 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SarahN

ADH2019H, yes I live very close to a repeater station. I did plug the Manhatten in and scan for channels without the attenuator and it found every one of them, even the ones on com7 and com8. My new smart TV couldn't get the ones on com7 so the box did much better. My signal strength on the box was coming through at nearly 100% but was causing the HD channels to break up. Fitting the attenuator and reducing it to 70% solved the issue straight away. I found with the Humax I had the same signal issue. Only difference being that fitting the attenuator and bringing down the signal didn't help. I would have considered that the box may have been faulty but had already found a long forum thread from 2018 where other users had the same issue. I just didn't want to bother replacing it and getting the same issue again. I didn't find the same issue online with the Manhattan so decided to give it a go. Just glad the attenuator worked and the box is a dream to operate

| Thu 30 Jan 2020 18:29:29 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.