My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iPlayer issues

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pennypurples

For the past couple of weeks approx we've been having intermittent issues with iPlayer, where we're part way through a programme and the circle comes up like it's buffering but despite a long wait it doesn't come back. We exit the iPlayer app and go back in and start watching again, then later in the programme it'll happen again.

If we switch to using the iPlayer app on the Samsung TV we don't get any issues, so I don't see how the problem can be our internet connection, since both the TV and the Humax box are WiFi to the router.

Any ideas please?

Penny

| Sun 11 Sep 2016 20:12:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

entdgc

Penny,

I have seen this but thought it was a problem with my network. TBH I haven't had time to investigate further so don't know if other devices still work OK.

Will watch this thread with interest.

Dave

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 20:50:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pennypurples

Additional info: If we leave it we get the message "something went wrong playing this programme. This is usually a temporary problem...." etc etc

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 21:26:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

entdgc

Ditto...

Dave

| Mon 12 Sep 2016 22:01:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH

I have the identical problem. Can watch the bbc iplayer for 45 minutes without any problem then up comes the spinning wheel. No matter how long I leave it nothing happens. Sometimes pausing and resume works ,other times have to exit and resume. Tried restarting the box both with plug out and in. Sometimes it will happen after only 5 minutes. Must say it did seem to be ok on a less popular documentary as opposed to a popular series. Never had the problem on the old sky box. Also netflix and utube work fine. Problem doesnt appear on ch4 catchup but a certain car advert causes the pic to freeze with pixelated patterns which change with time. On satelite programs its perfect with a brilliant quality picture.. Latest software version and I use tp mains connections to the bt router. Have reset things but but the problem always comes back. Factory reset not tried.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 20:59:40 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can someone post a programme they have issues with and how long after initiating playback they have issues with. Without this info hard to try and replicate the issue. I suspect there is a real issue here, I did use Iplayer the other day and it took 3 attempts to watch the end. At the time I put it down to local ISP issues. Seems it may be a server issue.

It would be interesting to start replay at the same time and compare notes. My box is hard wired to my router but a broadband speed test from my laptop consisently matches my 70Mbps ISP download speed. A similar test before and after would be interesting.

Use

http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

for consitency.

| Sun 12 Feb 2017 21:48:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterH

A place to call home. Every time at about 20 to 40 minutes.
    A recent documentary on the mad king George, no problem.Will start to log items watched and how long before failing.
    The channel four catch up issue is weird. Its caused by a car advert starting. Whole picture has a yellow pattern which keeps changing. Can still make out the main car advert. Couldnt even start one programme. Will recheck that as well. After listing programs watched if there is anything you also watch regularly can try a simultaneous start and compare failure time.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 10:17:32 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Checked download broadband speed at 10:00 measured 45.45 Mbps

Started A Pace To Call Home Series Episode 10 Measured download speed at 38.83 Mbps (so plenty of spare capacity)

Stopped with Something Went Wrong about 10 mins in. Measured broadband speed now 56.28Mbps.

Resumed playback at 10:38 out of 46:04, meaesured speed at 56.37 Mbps.

Leaving it playing back will post again if it stops again.

Almost certainly a Freesat server issue, iplayer works fine on other kit.

Perhaps Barry would check if he can replicate and have a chat with his Freesat contacts.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 11:23:44 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Started A Pace To Call Home Series Episode 10 Measured download speed at 38.83 Mbps (so plenty of spare capacity)
    Stopped with Something Went Wrong about 10 mins in. Measured broadband speed now 56.28Mbps.
    Perhaps Barry would check if he can replicate and have a chat with his Freesat contacts.

Trying now with Episode 10 of series 3 - currently @ 18 mins without issue.....will update if and when...

Edit: Using a HB 1000S but that should not make a difference.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 12:27:50 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Trying now with Episode 10 of series 3 - currently @ 18 mins without issue.....will update if and when...
    Edit: Using a HB 1000S but that should not make a difference.

Thanks Barry - it stopped again 24:19 in. After resume played to end without issue.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 12:32:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.