My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Iplayer stops and hangs all time

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

It wont work

What does that prove??

Iplayer hangs for me and does not on any other streaming devise I own...... and only Iplayer as Netflix, YouTube and other catch up services from this Humax box do not hang, just Iplayer....

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 11:04:27 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It wont work - 1 minute ago  » 
    What does that prove??
    Iplayer hangs for me and does not on any other streaming devise I own...... and only Iplayer as Netflix, YouTube and other catch up services from this Humax box do not hang, just Iplayer....

If that is aimed at me....trying to help, or am I wasting my time.

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 11:06:13 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

It wont work

No Just saying that mine hangs and other services work on this box... Iplayer will not recach and eventually get an error message but if I stop it and go straight to "home" "recently played" and resume it will start without issue.....

| Tue 18 Apr 2017 11:21:29 #13 |
  4. hairbear

hairbear

My HDR1000S has been exhibiting the same issue for about a month now. I also have iPlayer on my TV and also on a NOWTV box, all next to each other and connected to the same switch connected via WiFi extender to my router. The HDR1000S just freezes after 5-15 minutes and won't restart itself. If I cancel and replay, it starts again OK, but then freezes again after 5-15 minutes. Rinse and repeat. The other two iPlayer devices work just fine. It doesn't really bother me as I have alternatives that are OK.

hairbear.

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 17:07:15 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

It wont work

Hi Hairbear.... Yes that is just the same as mine.... I do find it works at quiet times mornings etc.... and like you all other streaming devises work OK.... When I first got the box it worked fine so they must have down graded their servers Humax BBC or both.....

| Thu 27 Apr 2017 17:30:46 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I had a similar problem a few months ago...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/bbc-i-player-no-longer-works

However, a few nights ago I was catching up on BBC4 OD pgms and had no problem at all. I reckon some kind of intermittent server problem.

| Fri 28 Apr 2017 11:06:44 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I too noticed an issue with iPlayer the other night. It started to load the programme then returned to live TV. I now have BBC iPlayer that no longer works on my 4 year old Panasonic TV and it's becoming problematic on our 1000s. Internet connection is via Homeplugs which are delivering an excellent connection speed.

TBH I tend to rely on Chromecast for 95% of our streaming needs - thank goodness that is always reliable and receives regular updates. A very worthwhile investment - in my case 'Free'.

| Fri 28 Apr 2017 11:11:13 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

apotts

Mine is broken too. Fast internet connected by CAT5. After 10 mins or so, iPlayer stops with the twirling graphic. Won't carry on until you press stop, wait, and then start again.

Just using one of many other devices as the Humax iPlayer is definitely bust.

| Sat 6 May 2017 19:53:55 #18 |
  9. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Have also been having iPlayer hang (spinning disc) issues for a few weeks and it can happen several times in one program. Watching 'Have I Got News for You' yesterday morning it stopped three times which is very annoying in a 30 minute show. The way we fix it is to press play again which usually gets it going again.

We have a HDR1000S CAT5 connected to a Gigabit switch internet provided by PlusNet via BT Infinity (BT Wholesale Test Speeds: Download 59Mbps, Upload 14Mbps and Latency 20ms)

A wired PC via a browser and wireless iPad with the iPlayer app work without any problem.

Its almost as if the iPlayer application on the Humax is not buffering the content correctly.

Lets hope there is a fix soon.

| Mon 8 May 2017 17:54:07 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.