My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Is there a quicker way of archiving recordings via USB?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I am trying to archive about 1TB from my FVP-4000T to disk but it is very slow. I am following How to archive recordings to USB HDD in the FAQ.

I have to copy to a USB memory stick as it doesn't recognise a 1TB SATA disk plugged into the USB socket via a SATA to USB Adapter.

Is there a faster way?

Can I take the disk out of the FVP-4000T and copy directly from it?

Thanks

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 8:57:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnH77 - 38 mins ago  » 
    I am trying to archive about 1TB from my FVP-4000T to disk but it is very slow. I am following How to archive recordings to USB HDD in the FAQ.
    I have to copy to a USB memory stick as it doesn't recognise a 1TB SATA disk plugged into the USB socket via a SATA to USB Adapter.

What style of partition table does the 1TB drive use (MBR or GPT)?

Is there a faster way?

If you have a Windows 8 or later PC you can use the method described in this FAQ https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer NB It starts off talking about Samba but the Network Server is a DLNA server. It takes a bit of practice to get it right but is much, much quicker than copying via USB. If you don't have a suitable PC then you can use a similar method using VLC to capture the DLNA stream to a file.

Can I take the disk out of the FVP-4000T and copy directly from it?

Yes BUT this won't remove the encryption applied to all recordings.

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 9:44:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Are you aware that, once you have made your selection and started the transfer, you can press X and just go back to watching TV, there is no need to watch the spinning triangle for ages and ages as the process will continue in the background?

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 10:19:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Thanks - the USB disk is GPT - I used AOEMI Partition Assistant to find out. Should I change it to MBR which AOEMI can do.

Thanks - I didn't realise I could go back to TV etc - my eyes are still rotating

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 11:44:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnH77 - 3 mins ago  » 
    Thanks - the USB disk is GPT - I used AOEMI Partition Assistant to find out. Should I change it to MBR which AOEMI can do.

Up to you; MBR will work with the Humax, GPT will not (so far as I am aware).

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 11:48:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I can now confirm that - the Humax sees the 1TB disk now I have changed it from GPT to MBR.

| Tue 20 Jul 2021 12:28:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JohnH77 - 22 hours ago  » 
    I can now confirm that - the Humax sees the 1TB disk now I have changed it from GPT to MBR.

Thanks for confirming this.

| Wed 21 Jul 2021 10:40:19 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.