My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

ITVX

(27 posts)
  1. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

When ITV Hub is replaced by ITVX on December 8th, will there have to be a new app for the Aura?

| Tue 15 Nov 2022 16:11:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DGFGR

No, ITV Hub will just change name automatically.

| Tue 15 Nov 2022 16:52:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ash21

ITVX is going to replace ITV hub just like ITV hub was ITVX will be part of Freeview play, so the aura will get ITVX.

My understanding is that ITVX is a completely new system in comparison to ITV hub so the app will need to be updated that this should happen automatically as ITVX will be part of Freeview play. How long the App change will take to feed through the is anyone's guess, but it will happen.

| Tue 15 Nov 2022 19:18:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

DGFGR - 3 hours ago  » 
    No, ITV Hub will just change name automatically.

Is it just a name change? Will it also need to be triggered to work fully in ITVX mode instead of ITV Hub mode.

| Tue 15 Nov 2022 20:09:06 #4 |
  5. prking

prking

Not all Freeview Play devices will work with ITVX which uses newer technologies. I’ve read the FVP-5000t and 4000t are not supported but haven’t heard about the Aura

| Tue 15 Nov 2022 20:43:51 #5 |
  6. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

If this is an automatic change to the app, I hope the Aura doesn't get dragged from Live TV to the Home screen. I go to Australia on the 8th of December and my Aura will be connected to the internet for remote access. I have posted in another thread about my problems with the Aura coming out of standby into the Home screen instead of the last used Live TV channel. When this occurs, no recordings take place thereafter - not helpful when abroad!

| Wed 16 Nov 2022 16:14:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Archersgreen

Well on my Aura, my ITV app has been updated to ITV X. Unfortunately it says that they don’t have the rights to use it and you get thrown out back to the home page. So it appears that ITV X isn’t going to work on the Aura. Time to buy another unit I think….

| Fri 18 Nov 2022 23:14:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Archersgreen

Here are the screenshots taken from my Humax Aura this evening.

Attachments

1. PXL_20221118_231605318.jpg (19.4 KB, 42 downloads) 1 year old
    2. PXL_20221118_231559104.jpg (25.8 KB, 27 downloads) 1 year old
    | Fri 18 Nov 2022 23:19:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Archersgreen - 31 mins ago  » 
    Well on my Aura, my ITV app has been updated to ITV X. Unfortunately it says that they don’t have the rights to use it and you get thrown out back to the home page. So it appears that ITV X isn’t going to work on the Aura. Time to buy another unit I think….

I think it is a bit hasty to come to that conclusion; give it a few days and see what happens.

| Fri 18 Nov 2022 23:47:15 #9 |
  10. Mars

Mars

special member

Archersgreen - 10 hours ago  » 

There is no ITV X update available on my Aura, and looking at Google Play there is no Freeview version of ITV X:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Freeview&gl=GB
    Therefore, I think that you have the incorrect version.

| Sat 19 Nov 2022 10:14:05 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.