My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Jumps to previous program after pausing live tv

(37 posts)
  1. Manclad

Manclad

Was just watching Line of Duty on BBC1HD and hit pause while I popped for a beer from the fridge! Came back, pressed play and it started playing Top Gear (the previous prog that I'd watched live earlier).
    Out of panic that I was now missing LoD, I hit the Freeview Play button, then LiveTV button and I was back watching LoD again, but it was no longer live (I could tell I was on TSR as it was intermittently pixelating sadly).
    Very annoying, but has anyone come across the issue as described above?

| Sun 21 Mar 2021 23:10:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Manclad - 12 hours ago  » 
    Was just watching Line of Duty on BBC1HD and hit pause while I popped for a beer from the fridge! Came back, pressed play and it started playing Top Gear (the previous prog that I'd watched live earlier).
    Out of panic that I was now missing LoD, I hit the Freeview Play button, then LiveTV button and I was back watching LoD again, but it was no longer live (I could tell I was on TSR as it was intermittently pixelating sadly).

Did the live programme finish while you were paused ?

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 11:23:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rollsjohn

I had a similar thing last night. Paused Line of Duty at start of program to give HID time to get into her viewing position. Delayed for about 3-4 minutes but every few minutes after play selected the picture pixelated and in some events picture froze then restarted without sound. Not very good when the program subject requires your full attention. A few seconds missed and you've lost the plot. At the end of the program I pressed stop to get to live but this took me back to Top Gear. This 'live pause' situation seems to have been reported by others - is there a fix on the horizon?

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 13:18:41 #3 |
  4. Manclad

Manclad

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

No I was only away from the paused live program (Line of Duty) for about a minute, in mid program. It had not finished.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 15:53:35 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Manclad - 6 mins ago  » 

No I was only away from the paused live program (Line of Duty) for about a minute, in mid program. It had not finished.

I have since checked my Aura. If you pause live TV it resets the start of the buffer to the point you pressed pause. Not sure if this a corrupt tine shift buffer file or software bug. The fact you have the same is pointing to a bug.

At this point you cannot record the missing point.

If you had recorded the programme you should playback in chasing playback. If you do this you can pause or even stop playback as many times as you want. If you stop resume playback is offered.

At the moment best to record everything. If you stick to the PSB-3 HD Mux you should have plenty of tuners).

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 16:05:22 #5 |
  6. Manclad

Manclad

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Manclad - 6 mins ago  » 

I have since checked my Aura. If you pause live TV it resets the start of the buffer to the point you pressed pause. Not sure if this a corrupt tine shift buffer file or software bug. The fact you have the same is pointing to a bug.
    If you had recorded the programme you should playback in chasing playback. If you do this you can pause or even stop playback as many times as you want. If you stop resume playback is offered.
    At the moment best to record everything. If you stick to the PSB-3 HD Mux you should have plenty of tuners).

Well, it seems recording is the only option if I'm to avoid the issue as described above, plus the ongoing pixelation issues with TSR.
    Am I correct in assuming that bugs observed and reported here will be reported back to Humax, or should I speak with Humax via their support.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 18:10:39 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Manclad - 3 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 

Manclad - 6 mins ago  » 

Well, it seems recording is the only option if I'm to avoid the issue as described above, plus the ongoing pixelation issues with TSR.
    Am I correct in assuming that bugs observed and reported here will be reported back to Humax, or should I speak with Humax via their support.

Barry will be reading these posts. If he can replicate he will talk to Humax.

I am going to try again tomorrow to confirm again.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 18:14:57 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I just made it work on ITV1-HD Central news 18:00-18:30. I pressed pause at 18:15 and it started play back in the previous programme. I was able to wind forward to the start of the news. At this point pressed instant record. I got a complete 30 mins recording of the news.

| Mon 22 Mar 2021 19:48:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zAndy1

As a T3-R owner looking for an excuse to return it and get the aura instead reading reports of issues like this doesn't fill me with much confidence that that would be a wise move I mean how is something like this an issue so long after the release of the aura? Is it a bug introduced in a recent firmware upgrade? The T3-R is pretty stable and reliable but it's also pretty basic (which is probably why it has less issues) but the aura does have features that I would really like to have e.g the ability to watch live TV or recordings on other devices and the ability to search the guide for things which the T3-R doesn't do (I think I'm right in saying the aura can do that?). Little things like this issue would annoy my wife who's used to sky q which is rock solid as a PVR really and it's taken a lot of persuasion to convince her we don't need Sky. Just in general is the aura a pretty reliable / stable / user friendly PVR these days? Cheers

| Wed 24 Mar 2021 12:53:03 #9 |
  10. Manclad

Manclad

Yet again, the Aura is being totally unreliable for TSR recording. Again tonight, paused The Circle on C4HD for a couple of minutes, pressed play and the darn box jumped into the previous program, 24hr in A&E !!!
    Damn annoying, but if there is a solution or settings tweak out there, it would be nice to know.

| Tue 30 Mar 2021 23:26:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.