My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Jumps to previous program after pausing live tv

(37 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Manclad - 9 hours ago  » 
    Yet again, the Aura is being totally unreliable for TSR recording. Again tonight, paused The Circle on C4HD for a couple of minutes, pressed play and the darn box jumped into the previous program, 24hr in A&E !!!
    Damn annoying, but if there is a solution or settings tweak out there, it would be nice to know.

If you want to test the latest beta release to see if that improves matters then PM (private message) the serial number of your unit, which can be found in Settings, Device preferences, About, Status.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 8:58:05 #11 |
  2. Manclad

Manclad

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Manclad - 9 hours ago  » 
    Yet again, the Aura is being totally unreliable for TSR recording. Again tonight, paused The Circle on C4HD for a couple of minutes, pressed play and the darn box jumped into the previous program, 24hr in A&E !!!
    Damn annoying, but if there is a solution or settings tweak out there, it would be nice to know.

If you want to test the latest beta release to see if that improves matters then PM (private message) the serial number of your unit, which can be found in Settings, Device preferences, About, Status.

Hi, tried PM'ing you. Says your mailbox is full.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 10:44:29 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Manclad - 21 mins ago  » 

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Manclad - 9 hours ago  » 

I'm just to popular

Sorry deleted some messages try again.

| Wed 31 Mar 2021 11:06:53 #13 |
  4. Manclad

Manclad

Barry - 2 days ago  » 

Manclad - 21 mins ago  » 

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Manclad - 9 hours ago  » 

I'm just to popular
    Sorry deleted some messages try again.

Thanks Barry. The 30.3.21 beta software is now installed. I'll monitor for any repetition or change in the TSR issues I've mentioned previously and update the forum accordingly.

| Fri 2 Apr 2021 11:33:35 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

_dbw_

Hi, I just signed up to comment on this.

My mother in law is having the same issue but with recorded content. Never watches live TV. Pause, go to kitchen, come back and it stays again. Sometimes when it does work on there is no sound and she has to rewind for ages and watch content again.

I don't want to stick beta software on her box but it would be good to know if there is a fix on the way at least. Otherwise I think we'll just give up and ditch it and buy something else, it's just not worth the grief. It's running latest alpha software.

Thanks, Dan

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 14:03:53 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

_dbw_ - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, I just signed up to comment on this.
    My mother in law is having the same issue but with recorded content. Never watches live TV. Pause, go to kitchen, come back and it stays again. Sometimes when it does work on there is no sound and she has to rewind for ages and watch content again.
    I don't want to stick beta software on her box but it would be good to know if there is a fix on the way at least. Otherwise I think we'll just give up and ditch it and buy something else, it's just not worth the grief. It's running latest alpha software.
    Thanks, Dan

I would wait for the planned update week commencing 19 April - I'll update Forum if this changes.

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 15:31:00 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

_dbw_

OK Barry, thank you for that. Fingers crossed. It's been driving her mad since December so a few weeks is hardly unreasonable.

Cheers, Dan

| Fri 9 Apr 2021 17:40:07 #17 |
  8. Manclad

Manclad

I've been living with this problem since I've had the Aura and commented in this thread previously. Since that time I've been emailing Humax and following various requests from them....
    Rescan channels, then reformat HDD, then rescan channels (again), then a full factory reset..... all have not made any difference.
    Now, before I deal with Humax again :evil:, has anyone else found a resolution to this problem.

(NOTE: A variation of this problem is when pressing just the "Live TV" button it jumps back to a previous program that is in the buffer, no pause required.)

| Thu 7 Oct 2021 16:32:45 #18 |
  9. Manclad

Manclad

Well, if anyone is interested.... Humax sent an exchange Aura box... and guess what. The replacement box has exactly the same problem !
    Makes me think is the remote (which was not exchanged) sending a wierd signal on a button press, otherwise goodness knows! Or it's software/firmware?!

Humax dialog regarding the problem was brisk to the point of them providing an exchange unit, but they have now seemingly chosen not to respond to my emails !

| Thu 18 Nov 2021 23:18:52 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

I have had similar happen to mine a good few times which really annoyed me.

Hopefully Humax are actally aware of it so they can fix it.

| Fri 19 Nov 2021 8:42:54 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.