My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Just basic info please

(8 posts)
  1. electra

electra

Hi I have a 1100s on a Sony smart tv. The only reason I have the Humax is because the old Ariel would not pick up the BBC signal sometimes, we are in a bad area and enormous tree in signal path. Installer spent hours up the ladder trying to find signal. We decided that we needed a dish, and he said get a Humax. I am getting used to it but do wish I had my old Ariel I miss All4, any help there, just managed to find UKTVPlay today went in and pulled in over 100 stations. but what, how do I access them, if I wanted too? After the smart tv I find the humax soooooo slow clunky and my husband cannot get his head around it! So if I am missing something here please let me know. I downloaded the manual read various posting and fixed various little niggles. Also when I have been in changing things when I get back to Humax I often get that little box message that says no signal. 1st time I thought OH ******** could not get it to change finally push the on off but was really pleased to see that worked.

| Sat 27 Apr 2019 18:58:40 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Do you have a networked PC you can connect to a TV. A full list of the kit you have would help ? Only a few UKTV channels appear on the Freesat epg.

Channel 4 removed ALL-4 and channel 4-HD from the fressat epg, it is however possible to watch Channel-4-HD but not record it using non-freesat. The SD version though is still there and can be recorded with full series recording capability.

If you record all the programmes you want there shouldn't be an issue.

If you need more help, post a Channel 4 programme you want to watch (a one off or part of a series).

With one click you can record all programmes from Channel-4 so why do you need all-4 ?

Locate a programme you want to watch on 104 on the epg. Press OK, if it's part of a series elect to record all episodes.

When you press recordings and select the folder with all the currently recording episodes. Moving to the one you want and pressing Ok gives you the option to view the recording.

Even better you can skip the ads with a couple of key- presses when viewing a recording (even if it is still recording).

| Sat 27 Apr 2019 20:42:02 #2 |
  3. electra

electra

I was really asking if I was missing something in the way I was using the Humax ours does not record and I would not bother to record. I used to use ALL4 to catchup mostly for Big Bang now I use my ipad or laptop for that What is epg?
    after I have been mucking about in setting etc.and get that little box message that says no signal. how do I get back to the picture? I just like to know how something works or should work. Thanks

| Sun 28 Apr 2019 0:28:05 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

An EPG is the Electronic Programme Guide, you see it when you press 'TV Guide' on the remote.

I am wondering if somehow you have entered non-freesat mode. When you press the 'Home' button on the remote do you see a short menu with three or so options or many more? If the former select switch to freesat mode.

You mention that your 1100's does not record, is it the HB-1100S you have?

The no signal message is strange and may also imply that you have a problem with the signal or are in non-freesat mode on a channel that has moved.

You also mention 'UKTV Play' who channels, e.g. Dave are not on the freesat EPG but are not encrypted are can be found on non-freesat mode.

Non-freesat mode is very unfriendly and will not pick up channels that have changed settings which is automatic in the much more friendly freesat mode.

| Sun 28 Apr 2019 7:15:40 #4 |
  5. electra

electra

OK just sat down in front of tv and went through everything Yes it is a HB
    I switch on with Humax remote TV remote only for more sound, and turning off
    When I switch on after appx count of 30/40 she comes up with screen says
    Freesat time date left side TV guide on demand etc.2/3 of screen picture underneath 3 channels showing, for full tv guide press OK. then that takes me to the full guide I can also put the channel # in that takes me to the one I want.

In system settings STB mode says change to non freesat, so left it alone
    Power settings auto power down OFF standby NORMAL
    software update new software not detected
    Signal info Tuner 1 strength good quality good Internet connection great via wifi connect auto.

So I think it is all set up correctly maybe I am expecting too much only had it in Nov and have been away for 2 months of that so just takes getting used too. For instance I have found out in tv guide if I just hold the OK button down the channel comes on instead of the annoying choices that come up if you only touch the button.
    Thanks for your time

| Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:12:58 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

electra - 56 minutes ago  » 
    OK just sat down in front of tv and went through everything Yes it is a HB
    I switch on with Humax remote TV remote only for more sound, and turning off
    When I switch on after appx count of 30/40 she comes up with screen says
    Freesat time date left side TV guide on demand etc.2/3 of screen picture underneath 3 channels showing, for full tv guide press OK. then that takes me to the full guide I can also put the channel # in that takes me to the one I want.
    In system settings STB mode says change to non freesat, so left it alone
    Power settings auto power down OFF standby NORMAL
    software update new software not detected
    Signal info Tuner 1 strength good quality good Internet connection great via wifi connect auto.
    So I think it is all set up correctly maybe I am expecting too much only had it in Nov and have been away for 2 months of that so just takes getting used too. For instance I have found out in tv guide if I just hold the OK button down the channel comes on instead of the annoying choices that come up if you only touch the button.
    Thanks for your time

To record you need to connect a portable USB HDD. This will also allow you to pause live TV.

eg

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-HDTB405EK3AA-2-5-Inch-Portable-External/dp/B07991TNSY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1JCLGLAI2U3OX&tag=blusas008-21&keywords=500gb+portable+hard+drive&qid=1556442709&s=gateway&sprefix=500GB+portable+%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-1

| Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:11:48 #6 |
  7. electra

electra

not sure of this reply I have no interest in recording
    just letting you know what I had done re your previous reply

| Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:18:36 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Now that you mention that you have been away for two months, it could explain the no signal problem if it occurred on your return, as the unit needs some time to refresh it's EPG and channel settings (how long depends on the channel, a BBC HD channel is the fastest). Normally with typical use everything just happens automatically.

| Sun 28 Apr 2019 12:02:58 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.