My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

KODI AND NAS

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Inthepipe5by5

Hi there. I'm looking at picking up humax aura as I'm tired of the laggy LG BX user experience but wondered how people have found using Plex.

I currently have it running on my Chromecast with Google TV with the files stored on a hard drive connected to a router but it sometimes struggles to play very large files (normally anything over 40gb). Is the aura capable of handling 4k files via Kodi?

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 21:55:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

The auras definitely not the best option. I would go for an Nvidia shield if that's what you mostly want to use if for. I had to get a Chromecast with Google TV as the aura has no Netflix amongst other things that the Google TV can do!

| Thu 13 Jan 2022 21:29:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I use PLEX for streaming films stored on an SSD attached to my M1 MacMini and I don't have any issues with streaming.

The only issue I have is the same with YouTube, if you pause a for too long, when you press play, the sound continues, but the picture sometimes sticks. A simple press of 10 sec rewind buts it all back in sync. This has been reported by others, but not sure if its an AURA issue or APP issue.

| Fri 14 Jan 2022 9:38:53 #3 |
  4. Jthspace

Jthspace

I use PLEX on my Firestick / Aura / TV to stream from my Synology NAS and haven't experienced any lag / issues

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 14:45:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Inthepipe5by5 - 1 mnth ago  » 
    Hi there. I'm looking at picking up humax aura as I'm tired of the laggy LG BX user experience but wondered how people have found using Plex.
    I currently have it running on my Chromecast with Google TV with the files stored on a hard drive connected to a router but it sometimes struggles to play very large files (normally anything over 40gb). Is the aura capable of handling 4k files via Kodi?

I would have thought that any problems with large/4k files is not being caused by the Aura but by the capabilites of whichever device is being used as the server. If it's not able to transcode and transmit fast enough the Aura won't be able to playback smoothly.

| Tue 15 Feb 2022 20:29:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.