My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Last Firmware Update...

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

When did everyone's Aura last get a firmware update? barely use mine anymore, but just checked and seems there's been no updates since August 2021!? is this right?

Thanks!

| Sat 29 Oct 2022 16:37:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

cbren84 - 59 secs ago  » 
    When did everyone's Aura last get a firmware update? barely use mine anymore, but just checked and seems there's been no updates since August 2021!? is this right?
    Thanks!

Sounds about right. Humax keep telling those who contact them that there is a firmware imminent. I think that’s baloney.

| Sat 29 Oct 2022 16:39:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

boogersa - 1 min ago  » 

cbren84 - 59 secs ago  » 
    Thanks!

Sounds about right. Humax keep telling those who contact them that there is a firmware imminent. I think that’s baloney.

Thanks for the info.

The Latest Android security patch on mine is from April 2021! what a load of rubbish! Surely it should be updated more frequently than this like pretty much every other device I own that runs android!

Seems like Humax have given up it! it's a shame really, it's very good as a PVR alone.

| Sat 29 Oct 2022 16:45:26 #3 |
  4. Manclad

Manclad

I still maintain that the bugs in the Aura are due poor hardware design whereby the only fix is to recall and rework/ replace internal companants, and that there is no firmware or software fix for the various problems.
    I think, what you will see is Humax release a "new" product, android based, with Netflix?, that's actually the "fixed" Aura in a new shell !

| Sat 29 Oct 2022 22:08:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Manclad - 10 hours ago  » 
    I still maintain that the bugs in the Aura are due poor hardware design whereby the only fix is to recall and rework/ replace internal companants, and that there is no firmware or software fix for the various problems.
    I think, what you will see is Humax release a "new" product, android based, with Netflix?, that's actually the "fixed" Aura in a new shell !

This is almost certainly the problem (and I think that I have said as much before).
    The Aura was on the drawing board, I would hazard a guess, 4-5 years ago.
    The softwares would have been written for the SoC and other components available at the time. But, as seen with numerous other devices, apps stop working eventually because more than just a software patch will fix them. Dolby Atmos, 5.1/7.1 surround sound, a huge increase in 4k streaming that require more efficient codecs have all forced updates or updated models out to other manufacturers.
    The Aura should have been future proofed for more than just a couple of years but clearly wasn't.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 8:22:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I believe you are right, I bought 2 of these crap boxes in the belief that they were future proofed for a few years and there would be some development. However in reality I wasted my hard earned money on two paperweights that are dead ducks. I will never buy or advise anyone else to buy a Humax product again basically we have been robbed their logo should be a black and white striped top and a black eye mask. Money down the drain, never again.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 10:45:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

When i was on the lookout for a new box, i was really wanting to get a box from a different manufacturer.
    In the end, the main thing that swayed it for me to stick with humax was how many recordings it could do at the same time, i think most others i looked at could only do 2 max.
    There were beta testers on this forum, wasn't there? Have any of them beta testers actually been testing anything do we know since the last FW? and especially since humax keep saying they are working on an update?
    Sure the guys on here should have had something sent through to them as humax have been saying for months they are working on a new one.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 14:50:10 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

james_uk - 1 hour ago  » 
    When i was on the lookout for a new box, i was really wanting to get a box from a different manufacturer.
    In the end, the main thing that swayed it for me to stick with humax was how many recordings it could do at the same time, i think most others i looked at could only do 2 max.
    There were beta testers on this forum, wasn't there? Have any of them beta testers actually been testing anything do we know since the last FW? and especially since humax keep saying they are working on an update?
    Sure the guys on here should have had something sent through to them as humax have been saying for months they are working on a new one.

If there is a firmware being worked on I’m sure the beta testers would have mentioned something. It worked well, having Humax work with beta testers on this forum. So either a) Humax don’t want to continue working in this way b) there is no new firmware being worked on. My money is on b).

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 15:55:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Any lawyers out there
    Can they be done for fraud?

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 17:30:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I was a beta tester and have not heard a thing.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 17:47:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.