My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Last Firmware Update...

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cbren84

It's very disappointing, it had so much potential. I just use a Google 4K Chromecast instead of the Aura now, the Aura does get used to record some TV but hardy sees any action really. The Chromecast cost a Quarter of the Aura, but it's kept right up to date and works perfectly.

| Sun 30 Oct 2022 18:07:45 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

WalkingJed

This was the reply I got back in June

"Please note that we are still selling the Aura boxes. Our development team is working round the clock to make sure the software on this model is up to date.

Should there be a release, you shall receive a prompt to update the software on the box. This will help improve the quality of service received via the box."

It riles me that they're still selling it to be honest.

| Wed 25 Oct 2023 21:19:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobspark

As I said in another thread nearly every time I switch on my firestick there's an update waiting to download! Last night the Humax rebooted whilst watching a program loosing the place we were at in the recording ,and also causing a break in another scheduled recording. I didn't say anything to my wife at the time but secretly felt like trowing the box out the window!Did a Freeview reset today see how long that lasts?

| Thu 26 Oct 2023 15:59:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChemicalRob

I sent them an email today asking for an update to fix all of the issues and got this back.

Thank you for contacting Humax.

Apologies for your experience.
    We are in contact with the software developer on this issue and we are told that an update will be released soon. Unfortunately, we do not have any info on when exactly.

The instructions below can help with the issues the device has.

Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on your Humax Aura Device. Performing a factory reset can help with picture/sound; signal; recording playback and software operation issues.

Please NOTE: This will erase all data from your device's internal storage including: your Google Account; System and app data; downloaded apps and user settings.
    Press Home/Freeview Play button on the remote
    Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select the Settings icon
    Navigate to Device Preferences and press OK
    Select "Reset" from the list of options
    A new screen will appear, select "Reset" once again.
    The unit will turn off for a few moments and turn on again.
    Follow the on-screen installation wizard to and complete the device setup.
    Pair the remote by OK & i buttons for five seconds, once paired select next.
    Choose your preferred language and select next
    Select your WiFi network and enter your password.
    You'll need to sign into your Google account. you'll have the option for web or on-screen sign-in (we recommend web)
    Next, agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    Enable location sercives.
    Choose if you wish to send information back to Google to help improve their services.
    Enable the Google Assistant and Personal Results
    Next, you'll be prompeted to re-install any deleted apps (due to the reset).
    You'll then be shown an overview of the feature of your device. Press the gith arrow key to progress through this.
    You'll then need complete the Freeview Channel search (this may take 3-5 minutes).
    When completed, save the results and accept the Freeview Terms and Conditions.
    Agree to the End User License Agreement.
    Finished

| Fri 27 Oct 2023 18:14:46 #14 |
  5. Manclad

Manclad

Humax really feed some ***** to their customers..... "We are in contact with the software developer". Same old BS.

If they could have fixed the problems reported they would have done so before now.

I still believe there is a hardware issue with this box which is impossible to fix without an (expensive) redesign and product recall.

Admin Edit: Expletive deleted!

| Sun 29 Oct 2023 9:32:54 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

uktvuser

Broadcom chipset in this right? Broadcom provide reference ports to their OEMs so this should not be crazy hard for Humax!

| Thu 2 Nov 2023 19:12:55 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Manclad - 4 days ago  » 
    I still believe there is a hardware issue with this box which is impossible to fix without an (expensive) redesign and product recall.

So please tell us specifically which problems you think are hardware related? My personal view is that the majority of issues I experience are software related.

| Thu 2 Nov 2023 22:25:07 #17 |
  8. Manclad

Manclad

Martin Liddle - 14 hours ago  » 

Manclad - 4 days ago  » 

So please tell us specifically which problems you think are hardware related? My personal view is that the majority of issues I experience are software related.

I believe a lot of issues are hardware related as issues (e.g. oversensitive tuners) cannot seem to be fixed via software or firmware updates..,. seemingly related to Humax's silence and lack of updates. That's my opinion!

| Fri 3 Nov 2023 12:42:02 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Manclad - 1 hour ago  » 
    I believe a lot of issues are hardware related as issues (e.g. oversensitive tuners) cannot seem to be fixed via software or firmware updates.

My experience suggests the tuners are less sensitive than previous models and if the signal strength is too high it can be reduced by using an attenuator.

seemingly related to Humax's silence and lack of updates.

My opinion is that Humax have lost interest in the PVR market and hence halted the software development too early in an attempt to save money.

| Fri 3 Nov 2023 14:43:23 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Finchy313

Still no sign of any updates, almost two and a half years after the last one. Damn box is buggy as hell but Humax think there is no need to update (their words, last time I contacted support in the summer).

I'll never be buying a Humax again, the only reason I've persisted with it is because our TV doesn't have freeview and I'm loathe to have a seperate freeview box.

One thing that really bugs me is that it takes a good minute or so to wake up every time we go to use it, even though we never use the power button to turn it off/put it to sleep.

My Nvidia Shield TV (from 2015) wakes in seconds and is way more responsive on all apps, I'm finding I keep reverting to that as I'm getting fed up with the Aura.

I wouldn't recommend this box to anyone.

| Fri 17 Nov 2023 11:34:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.