My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonimouse

I have just moved, retuned my box but it didn’t give my region as an option, picked something else and now of course no regional news, I have read that I need to retune without the smart switch. What/where is the smart switch?

| Tue 6 Aug 2024 20:01:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I am not sure about smart tune as I have never used it. However, unless the retune did not find a PSB1 Mux from somewhere, then you must find some kind of regional news, at least on SD, even if it is not the one you want.

It could be that the transmitter you can now receive gives a different region to your preference. I had that problem until I got a Firestick and could get my region on iPlayer. I am in the BBC SE region, but can only receive BBC London on Freeview.

If your problem is with ITV regions on HD, try SD (Channel 3) as they only have a few regional news areas on HD and some places get "local" news from somewhere completely different.

Edit: I have checked, and the smart retune is accessed, or avoided, when you ask for an Automatic Channel Search, from the Channel Settings menu.

| Tue 6 Aug 2024 22:04:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Anonimouse - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have just moved, retuned my box but it didn’t give my region as an option, picked something else and now of course no regional news, I have read that I need to retune without the smart switch. What/where is the smart switch?

It is an option that you can set to "off" on the same screen that you initiate the Automatic Channel Search from.
    When set to "On" it will restrict how thorough the retune is.
    When set to "Off" it will be thorough in its tuning, but you will need to re-enter your future schedule of recordings.

| Tue 6 Aug 2024 22:47:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Press the Freeview Play button > Settings > Channel Settings > Automatic Channel Search > Smart/Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhOSr7TUMI

To not select the Smart option, select the other option instead.

| Wed 7 Aug 2024 0:17:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonimouse

Thank you will try when I get home

| Wed 7 Aug 2024 7:24:36 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonimouse

No smart option offered. Tried removing the aerial.

| Wed 7 Aug 2024 18:46:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

batteryman

special member

Hi, if all else fails I suggest you reset your box to default settings. After this you'll need to setup as if it were new but as long as you don't format the disk you won't lose your recordings. The setup will ask for your location and will set up the correct regional settings for news etc.; you will have to reset your recording schedule because that will be lost during the tuning process. Hope you sort it.

| Mon 12 Aug 2024 14:26:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Anonimouse - 5 days ago  » 
    No smart option offered.

That suggests that you are on a very old version of the software, or the model you are attempting to retune is not an FVP-4000T/5000T.

| Mon 12 Aug 2024 20:52:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonimouse

Which version should I be on? And how do I check?

| Tue 20 Aug 2024 18:36:34 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

You still haven't confirmed if you are using a 4000T/ 5000T or perhaps another Humax model.

If the box is connected to the internet either by WiFi or Ethernet you can go through the Settings menu to find
    the software/ firmware upgrade section and confirm whether a update is available and download it.

Alternatively you can go to Humax UK. Click below.

https://uk.humaxdigital.com

Select Support, scroll down to Select Product.
    On the next page you will see Category select Freeview Box Recorders.
    The page should then load up images of the various Humax PVRs, select the one you have.
    Click on Software. Here you can download the latest/ last version, read all the instructions thoroughly.

For the 4000T and/ or the 5000T it will download version UKTFAE 1.03.54

| Wed 21 Aug 2024 4:41:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.