My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Losing end of recordings

(49 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

JamesB - 6 hours ago  » 

But then that's also part of the problem, as if users get put off from giving Freesat the feedback then there will never be a chance of getting these functions added to the UI.
    Some may think it will just fall on deaf ears, but how is saying nothing any better?
    I'm not trying to put the OP off from complaining to Freesat, just suggesting alternatives.
    I go for practicalities, myself. Complain, yes, why not, but if the complaint gets no action the problem will persist, so the alternative is to try to work around it.

Good advice. If you complain suggest a revised spec for the function (makes your complaint clearer and simpler to pass on).

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 19:10:13 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

wiggers - 15 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 
    My 1000s records the beginning it records the end, it records the beginning it records the end and goes on ad-infinitum.
    This has led me to the startling conclusion that I must be tuned into a totally different broadcast system to yourself?
    Or it could be that I have padding set to auto like other posters have suggested. The information is out there, you simply have to let it in.

This is presumably using the EPG to do recordings, which also works for me. (Except for follow-on recordings.) The problem has been with instant recordings, which regularly stop before the end of the film/programme.

No not at all. I regularly decide half way through a programme that it's quite interesting so press the red button to have it record the entire programme or part of it depending on when I came upon it. I really can't recall any instances of where it has chopped the end off.

I am with you on the flashing reminder issue though, which BTW appears to have got worse lately.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 23:43:21 #42 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 
    My 1000s records the beginning it records the end, it records the beginning it records the end and goes on ad-infinitum.
    This has led me to the startling conclusion that I must be tuned into a totally different broadcast system to yourself?
    Or it could be that I have padding set to auto like other posters have suggested. The information is out there, you simply have to let it in.

This is presumably using the EPG to do recordings, which also works for me. (Except for follow-on recordings.) The problem has been with instant recordings, which regularly stop before the end of the film/programme.

No not at all. I regularly decide half way through a programme that it's quite interesting so press the red button to have it record the entire programme or part of it depending on when I came upon it. I really can't recall any instances of where it has chopped the end off.
    I am with you on the flashing reminder issue though, which BTW appears to have got worse lately.

I haven't seen the flashing reminder since the January software update. (HDR1000S)

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 11:39:47 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I haven't seen the flashing reminder since the January software update. (HDR1000S)

I have, very recently. (HB1000S). Seemed even more aggressive and peremptory than I had remembered.

I'll take note of the circumstances next time it crops up.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 11:50:00 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

JamesB - 12 minutes ago  » 

I have, very recently. Seemed even more aggressive and peremptory than I had remembered.

Yes it is still definitely there,we watching TV yesterday and my wife commented that she couldn't see what was going on in an trailer for Quirke I think, so must have been BBC we were watching.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 12:07:06 #45 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Richchad - 4 hours ago  » 

I have, very recently. Seemed even more aggressive and peremptory than I had remembered.

Yes it is still definitely there,we watching TV yesterday and my wife commented that she couldn't see what was going on in an trailer for Quirke I think, so must have been BBC we were watching.

If you press back or exit on the remote then the banner disappears.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 16:49:50 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

Yes I have done that but what a pain, look for remote then press back button every time, bad enough when you turn on, wait for long start up, then have to press back button to get full picture...

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 17:20:08 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 

It was flashing like crazy only last night following Gardeners World. I thought to myself crikey it's a good job I don't suffer with epilepsy.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 18:00:07 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

-gonzo- - 1 hour ago  » 

Richchad - 4 hours ago  » 

If you press back or exit on the remote then the banner disappears.

It does, but returns almost immediately if the trailer is still playing. I think I had to press it four times during the Quirke trailer before I finally silenced it.

| Sat 7 Jun 2014 18:03:04 #49 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.