My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Losing end of recordings

(49 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

If you press the instant-record button, to be able to watch the rest of a programme at a later date, and it fails to record right to the end then it is broken. I can't believe the spec says it is optional whether the whole programme is recorded or not.

| Thu 5 Jun 2014 19:04:56 #21 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

wiggers - 35 seconds ago  » 
    If you press the instant-record button, to be able to watch the rest of a programme at a later date, and it fails to record right to the end then it is broken. I can't believe the spec says it is optional whether the whole programme is recorded or not.

The specification is for the unit to record the remaining program until the scheduled end time which the EPG states, if the broadcaster doesn't stick to the schedule then that's an issue you need to take up with them.
    As already said, if you think the box should work differently then send a request to Humax and Freesat to see if it's something they could apply to the software.

| Thu 5 Jun 2014 19:16:24 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

My 1000s records the beginning it records the end, it records the beginning it records the end and goes on ad-infinitum.

This has led me to the startling conclusion that I must be tuned into a totally different broadcast system to yourself?

Or it could be that I have padding set to auto like other posters have suggested. The information is out there, you simply have to let it in.

| Thu 5 Jun 2014 23:14:03 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

I have tried auto and end padding and have often missed end of program when selecting instant recording ...

This never used to happen with our Sky box, we did have 5 minutes padding selected, so if Sky can include padding with instant record why cant the Humax 1000s box.

With all the other niggles like the flashing banners, dark shading etc we have been very disappointed with this box, just hoping for an update soon to fix all or some of the problems.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 7:53:17 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 
    My 1000s records the beginning it records the end, it records the beginning it records the end and goes on ad-infinitum.
    This has led me to the startling conclusion that I must be tuned into a totally different broadcast system to yourself?
    Or it could be that I have padding set to auto like other posters have suggested. The information is out there, you simply have to let it in.

This is presumably using the EPG to do recordings, which also works for me. (Except for follow-on recordings.) The problem has been with instant recordings, which regularly stop before the end of the film/programme.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 8:23:53 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

-gonzo- - 13 hours ago  » 

The specification is for the unit to record the remaining program until the scheduled end time which the EPG states, if the broadcaster doesn't stick to the schedule then that's an issue you need to take up with them.
    As already said, if you think the box should work differently then send a request to Humax and Freesat to see if it's something they could apply to the software.

I can think of at least five ways they could have implemented the instant recording feature:

Keep recording until the available space is full

Allow repeated presses of the record button to add blocks of, say, 30 mins to the recording time,

Record for the published duration of the programme,

Record until the start of the following programme,

As 3 or 4 but add the user-set padding to the end.

Humax seem to have chosen the least effective IMHO. I have purchased a Humax box and I expect the instant record feature to do what it says on the tin, i.e. let me see the whole programme at a later date. It doesn't do this and I can't see how it is down to me to start lobbying Freesat et al to make it work!

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 8:33:17 #26 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Instead of pressing the instant record you could have set up a manual recording which would give you exactly what you want.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 8:42:37 #27 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

wiggers - 17 minutes ago  » 
    It doesn't do this and I can't see how it is down to me to start lobbying Freesat et al to make it work!

Your the one moaning about it, but as with other forum users you'd rather moan about it and list how you'd like it to work via an Internet forum rather than giving feedback directly to those that are in a position to do something about it.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 9:07:50 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

The whole point of the forum is to ask about problems and see if anyone knows of a solution. You have all been very helpful. Well, some of you...

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 9:20:30 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I have purchased a Humax box and I expect the instant record feature to do what it says on the tin, i.e. let me see the whole programme at a later date. It doesn't do this and I can't see how it is down to me to start lobbying Freesat et al to make it work!
    It's not likely to get Freesat's attention anyway, if you're the only one who complains. Why don't you just work around it, by checking the listings more carefully for programmes of interest, and setting timers?

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 9:30:31 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.