My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Losing end of recordings

(49 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

wiggers - 3 minutes ago  » 
    The whole point of the forum is to ask about problems and see if anyone knows of a solution. You have all been very helpful. Well, some of you...

Of course it is and advise has been given, it's just with regards to the things you think would benefit how it would work better the only advise that can be given is to give that feedback directly to Freesat & Humax or in some causes the broadcaster.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 9:30:49 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

wiggers - 9 minutes ago  » 
    The whole point of the forum is to ask about problems and see if anyone knows of a solution. You have all been very helpful. Well, some of you...

I have to agree with you wiggers, the only responses you get on here are from special members who seem to think there is nothing wrong with the Humax 1000s.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 9:32:04 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Richchad - 26 minutes ago  » 

I have to agree with you wiggers, the only responses you get on here are from special members who seem to think there is nothing wrong with the Humax 1000s.

That hasn't been my experience, far from it. I've picked up a lot of useful tips from this forum, not only from the responses to my own questions but also by following the responses to questions raised by others. Amazingly detailed and knowledgeable explanations in many cases. Very helpful.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 10:03:40 #33 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Richchad - 47 minutes ago  » 

I don't think that's the case at all, the problem you've got is that Humax are just conforming with the specification set by Fressat. The HDR1000/1010s do work as specified in that specification and as far as I'm aware Humax cannot change the UI unless under instruction from Freesat.
    That's why my advise to those who would like to see improvements to the UI is to give Fressat that feedback, if there are those that chose not to then they can't expect their voices to be heard.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 10:40:36 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Richchad

You maybe right that it is a problem with Freesat but most users just see it as "a problem" regardless of who or what is to blame.

I and many others have raised questions/faults/ideas on the Freesat community forum months ago since the last update and nothing has changed...

So very frustrating for users who bought this kit with all the wonderful marketing hype to find the last upgrade screwed up quite a few things and there is no option to downgrade until a later upgrade becomes available..

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 10:47:40 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Richchad - 2 hours ago  » 

I'm not certain of the criteria that got me elected a "Special Member", but here's at least one of those that is very much aware of the problems with the 1000S since its launch. Many of the complaints still not addressed by Freesat and Humax just keep batting the ball over the fence.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 11:45:49 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wiggers

JamesB - 2 hours ago  » 
    It's not likely to get Freesat's attention anyway, if you're the only one who complains. Why don't you just work around it, by checking the listings more carefully for programmes of interest, and setting timers?

So I'm flicking through channels late at night and see a film that I'd like to watch that I didn't previously know was on. Decide to go to bed and watch it tomorrow. Are you suggesting that instead of hitting the instant record button I jump in my time machine and go back to before it started to set up a recording? Oh, wait, still waiting for a part to finish the time machine... Expected delivery: 2 Feb 2265. Before noon.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 12:07:24 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

wiggers - 2 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 2 hours ago  » 
    It's not likely to get Freesat's attention anyway, if you're the only one who complains. Why don't you just work around it, by checking the listings more carefully for programmes of interest, and setting timers?

So I'm flicking through channels late at night and see a film that I'd like to watch that I didn't previously know was on. Decide to go to bed and watch it tomorrow. Are you suggesting that instead of hitting the instant record button I jump in my time machine and go back to before it started to set up a recording? Oh, wait, still waiting for a part to finish the time machine... Expected delivery: 2 Feb 2265. Before noon.

I'm suggesting you're not likely to persuade Freesat to devote resources to changing the behaviour that's causing you a problem, unless a sufficient number of other users also complain.

The alternative is to find a way to live with it or sell it and move on. Making a mental note to check out all future equipment purchases carefully during the returns period and send it back if you don't like it.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 12:15:08 #38 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

JamesB - 3 minutes ago  » 

wiggers - 2 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 2 hours ago  » 

I'm suggesting you're not likely to persuade Freesat to devote resources to changing the behaviour that's causing you a problem, unless a sufficient number of other users also complain.
    The alternative is to find a way to live with it or sell it and move on. Making a mental note to check out all future equipment purchases carefully during the returns period and send it back if you don't like it.

But then that's also part of the problem, as if users get put off from giving Freesat and Humax the feedback then there will never be a chance of getting these functions added to the UI.
    Some may think it will just fall on deaf ears, but how is saying nothing any better?

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 12:24:10 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

But then that's also part of the problem, as if users get put off from giving Freesat the feedback then there will never be a chance of getting these functions added to the UI.
    Some may think it will just fall on deaf ears, but how is saying nothing any better?
    I'm not trying to put the OP off from complaining to Freesat, just suggesting alternatives.

I go for practicalities, myself. Complain, yes, why not, but if the complaint gets no action the problem will persist, so the alternative is to try to work around it.

| Fri 6 Jun 2014 12:36:12 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.