My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Losing TV signal when 1100s is off?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mc

My box is linked via (cheap) HDMI to a Samsung TV, and it works fine.

However, with my non-Freesat Humax, when the box was turned off, the signal automatically routed to the TV, and that doesn't seem to be happening with the 1100s.

Have I got it set up incorrectly, bad cables, or is this meant to happen?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 11:05:35 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mc - 54 mins ago  » 
    My box is linked via (cheap) HDMI to a Samsung TV, and it works fine.
    However, with my non-Freesat Humax, when the box was turned off, the signal automatically routed to the TV, and that doesn't seem to be happening with the 1100s.
    Have I got it set up incorrectly, bad cables, or is this meant to happen?
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure what this means. Why non freesat ? Are you expecting to be able to use the TV's built in Freeview tuner. That can only work with a normal aerial connected to the TV.

You should be able to see the freesat epg in Freesat mode. And be able to set recordings (series and one off) from the epg. Have you got ITV-HD on channel 103 ?

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 12:06:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mc

Sorry if unclear, struggling to explain!

I replaced my non-Freesat box with the 1100s. But, unlike before, when the box is off, there is no signal to the TV. I thought the sat signal(s) would auto route to the TV when the box was in standby/off?

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 12:31:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mc - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry if unclear, struggling to explain!
    I replaced my non-Freesat box with the 1100s. But, unlike before, when the box is off, there is no signal to the TV. I thought the sat signal(s) would auto route to the TV when the box was in standby/off?

The only HD video output the box has is a HDMI cable. With no power to the tuners this has no signal. The box will wake to make a scheduled recording and watch for the broadcaster to signal the start of the programme, provided you have start and end times set to auto. In this condition and fully on your TV will have an input.

I cannot see how any satellite box will have an output without power. Did you have a normal aerial connected ? If so just connect it to to your TV RF in socket. This will work independently of the satellite box.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 13:40:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mc

ok, think i understand now. Looks like I'll need to run another sat-cable to the TV.

Thanks for your help.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 14:25:41 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mc - 1 hour ago  » 
    ok, think i understand now. Looks like I'll need to run another sat-cable to the TV.
    Thanks for your help.

There is an another alternative if you don't mind reducing the recording capability slightly by switching to single cable working.

Remove the cable on tuner 2 in and connect it to the TV. Then do a freesat retune.

The box will feed both tuners from the single cable.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 16:20:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Does the TV have a tuner for satellite? If not, you will need to have a normal TV aerial to use the TV on its own.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 16:37:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

mc refers to his previous device as a "non-Freesat Humax", which presumably means that he had a Freeview model and the antenna looped through to the TV.
    So just plug the aerial back into the TV, simple.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 17:05:33 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mc

graham » There is an another alternative if you don't mind reducing the recording capability slightly by switching to single cable working.

I did try this. Not an ideal solution when there are two things worth recording. (Rare, I know.)

Thanks anyway.

SSThing » So just plug the aerial back into the TV, simple

The TV reception in my area (Poole) is awful - hence the upgrade to Freesat!

Realised there's room for one more cable in the dish. Assuming that's an easy fix, I should be ok now.

Cheers my fellow Humaxians.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 19:08:13 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mc - 52 mins ago  » 

graham » There is an another alternative if you don't mind reducing the recording capability slightly by switching to single cable working.

I did try this. Not an ideal solution when there are two things worth recording. (Rare, I know.)
    Thanks anyway.
    SSThing » So just plug the aerial back into the TV, simple

The TV reception in my area (Poole) is awful - hence the upgrade to Freesat!
    Realised there's room for one more cable in the dish. Assuming that's an easy fix, I should be ok now.
    Cheers my fellow Humaxians.

Up to 8 in fact using standard universal lnb's.

| Sat 10 Jul 2021 20:03:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.