My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Loss of 'watch from beginning' green button option

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MaggieScarlet

I bought a Humax FVP-500GB in December. It's been fine - an occasional minor quirk (just with one programme, oddly) with the green button 'watch from the beginning' function.

However in the last few days it's just absent altogether. I press the green button - and absolutely nothing happens.

Is this a known problem? Is there a quick and simple fix?

Thanks

**Edit** Just tried the red button - it works. Then retried the green button, which now shows the crossed through circle symbol

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 11:49:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MaggieScarlet - 5 hours ago  » 
    I bought a Humax FVP-500GB in December. It's been fine - an occasional minor quirk (just with one programme, oddly) with the green button 'watch from the beginning' function.
    However in the last few days it's just absent altogether. I press the green button - and absolutely nothing happens.

Please give us an example of a programme where the green button doesn't work? Does the iPlayer app work?

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 17:35:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I will hazard a guess that you are trying to use the green button on the Wimbledon broadcasts? Because the BBC are streaming from most courts, I wonder if they are maxed out bandwidth wise, so have disabled the "watch from the beginning" option?

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 17:59:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MaggieScarlet

Thanks for your replies .. never Wimbledon!

At this precise moment it's 'Ill gotten gains'! Sometimes it's Eastenders - it can be anything.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:20:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

But the bandwidth issue will apply whatever the program, while Wimbledon is still taking place.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:34:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just tried to restart Ill gotten gains on my LG TV,via the green button. I get the "restarting program" message flash up but all that happens is that I go to the live stream (but in 4:3 format). So a BBC issue not a Humax one.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:55:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

MaggieScarlet

Interesting - thanks - I don't even get that message - just the crossed circle

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:58:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

MaggieScarlet - 7 mins ago  » 
    Interesting - thanks - I don't even get that message - just the crossed circle

When I try on my Humax I either get the same or nothing at all.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 13:07:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MaggieScarlet

Still not working - I tried to reset the handset but I'm not convinced it's worked.

It wouldn't restart Eastenders from the beginning - or anything else. It used to work - but for the last ten days or so it hasn't. iPlayer works fine.

| Thu 11 Jul 2019 20:18:11 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

I came onto the Wimbledon coverage today on BBC1 or 2 SD and, though I didn't bother to press it, the "Press Green Button" message was present.

| Fri 12 Jul 2019 22:49:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.