My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Lost Pin

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aviator

I have bought a second hand HDR 1000S which needs a factory rest to allow me to access my local BBC channels. I also wish to reformat the disc to erase all the previous recordings. Unfortunately the PIN has been rest from teh default 0000. Is there an easy method to rest the pin to the factory default without trying the 9999 combinations?

Many thanks in anticpation of some expert advise.

Chris

| Mon 28 Jan 2013 13:50:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

aviator - 2 days ago  » 
    Is there an easy method to rest the pin to the factory default without trying the 9999 combinations?
    Chris

According to the manual you don't need the pin to Factory Reset, in fact it says if you forget your pin do a Factory Reset.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 17:05:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pdine

Pollensa1946 - 1 week ago  » 

aviator - 2 days ago  » 
    Is there an easy method to rest the pin to the factory default without trying the 9999 combinations?
    Chris

According to the manual you don't need the pin to Factory Reset, in fact it says if you forget your pin do a Factory Reset.

I'm with the OP on this one. Regardless of what it says in the manual - if you attempt a Factory Reset, it asks you to authorise the operation with your 4 digit pin. If you are needing to do a factory reset in order to reset the pin, then obviously this is not going to work.
    I wonder if anyone knows of a workaround for this one. Some of the Humax boxes have a pin reset "backdoor" that usually involves navigating to the status screen and then pressing sequences of the red/yellow/green/blue buttons. Anyone know if there is a facility like this for the HDR-1000S?

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 21:41:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's possible to force a reset using a .hdf file (procedure is the same as a firmware update)

Not certain if

1 the link is a link to a reset file

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/

2 If using it will reset a pin.

Hopefully Barry will confirm both the above

| Wed 6 Feb 2013 21:54:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Hmmm, another error in the manual.

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 10:22:22 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The file listed here under HDR-1000S:

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

is as I suspected a default file, uploading will revert unit to factory condition, including resetting the pin, timers, user configured settings - recordings are not deleted.

I have just used it myself to ensure nothing untoward happens.

Edit: Pin reset via hidden menu will be available in a future update.

| Thu 7 Feb 2013 10:36:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

aviator

Thank you for your responses and help.
    I spoke with Humax support to try and get a fix having already tried to do a deafult reset. This did not work as it needed the PIN to access the default reset section.
    Their first suggestion was to give me a download link to access the beta version of the new software. I downloaded this and installed it without any problems but it did not resolve the issue. I tried it a couple of tiems and also downloaded the new software on the beta site. All without any success.
    I then called Humax support again and after much head scratching and telling me that it should work they consulted thier technical gurus. They then passed me a new download link for some updated software. When installed this automatically took the box back to the original deafult settings and the default PIN. So a succesful outcome for this problem.
    Unfortunately the box still had a problem that it froze within 30 seconds of initial start up and would not respond to any inputs. Unplugging from the mains would reset it and it would then be Ok until the next time it was put into standby.
    Again I spoke with Humax support who agreed to replace the box, which they have now done.

I have to say that the Humax support team have been most helpful.

Thanks again for all the help offered here

Kins regards
    Chris

| Sat 9 Feb 2013 15:29:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mactoshb

addressed mainly to "aviator" but will accept help from anyone who can give it
    Aviator you say that humax support gave you a link to a download that allowed you to reset the pin and the only link I can see is to The zip for hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf I have downloaded that file on several occassions expanded the ZIP and copied the HDF file to a Flash drive and Stuck the drive in the USB and held the down button while restarting and it has loaded correctly according to the screen and said "Update successful" buteach time on trying the change Pin I get asked for a pin.
    In addition when I go tosystem info and do the RGYBGYB combination and scroll to"Reset Pin Code the machine locks up and will not respond to any buttons except the off button after which it answers buttons normally, I am in Scotland and have a machine that was tuned in London so I cannot retune without a pin to get my local stations, I did ask this question before on the forum and got several answers such as the hidden menu and the download site but the download for some reason will not do the reset pin and rthe colour combination just locks up the machins so I would appreciate any further advice.
    Thanks, Boyd

| Thu 28 Jan 2016 17:11:48 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Follow above carefully.

| Thu 28 Jan 2016 20:16:36 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

mactoshb - 19 hours ago  » ...on trying the change Pin I get asked for a pin

The file you downloaded purports to reset the box, including the PIN (to the default 0000). Assuming it does indeed do that, could you explain, or expand on, why at that point you then need to change the PIN in order to retune?

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 12:15:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.