My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost recordings & Wont Pause

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

My Fvp4000t has lost all its recordings today apart from 3. (Rather gutting as there were 150+ on there including full series I hadn’t yet watched) Also it won’t let me pause or rewind. It comes up saying “this function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds”
    Just noticed also not recording but shows as recording on guide. When go to play it displays message “cannot support this video file due to invalidate file format”

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 17:48:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Outbackannie - 1 minute ago  » 
    My Fvp4000t has lost all its recordings today apart from 3. (Rather gutting as there were 150+ on there including full series I hadn’t yet watched) Also it won’t let me pause or rewind. It comes up saying “this function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds”

Remove the power for 10 minutes. Restore the power wait for the box to boot to restart the clock and re-boot. Wait a short time after booting to press the recordings button.

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 17:51:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Thank you I’ll give that a go

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 18:10:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Yaaaay that worked....thank you

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 18:24:08 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yaaaay that worked....thank you

You are welcome. Can I ask did this happen the first time you booted the box on that day ?

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 18:26:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Yes that was the first time I switched the box on today. Never happened before

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 19:25:33 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes that was the first time I switched the box on today. Never happened before

The cached epg gets deleted during overnight housekeeping so the first boot takes longer as the epg is built before you can see your recordings.

Set a power on timer BBC 1 HD 0700 Volume 20 and a power off timer at 07:15. When you boot it later the epg will be populated.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 19:29:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

Yes I thought with the latest technology that setting a dummy timer during the night was history but I see that it is still a requirement (I found quite a few channels EPG missing for next Tues & Wed, tuned to BBC1 and did a reboot hey presto EPG now populated)
    Found this post and have set the timer as suggested
    What's the point of setting max volume?

Thanks

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 17:02:07 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

redmic - 2 hours ago  » 
    Yes I thought with the latest technology that setting a dummy timer during the night was history but I see that it is still a requirement (I found quite a few channels EPG missing for next Tues & Wed, tuned to BBC1 and did a reboot hey presto EPG now populated)
    Found this post and have set the timer as suggested
    What's the point of setting max volume?
    Thanks

Because the best setting for the volume is max with the level controlled by the TV or AV receiver. The power on timer changes the default level, you can use any level you want.

If you use just a TV best to turn off surround sound in the box TV setup for whichever digital audio out (S/Pdif and/or HDMI) as the box volume control otherwise doesn't do anything when using HD channels.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 19:48:28 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.