My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Mini Freezes

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dino_

Evening. First post but been lurking for a while whilst deciding whether to buy the Aura to replace a dying 1010s.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought one over Christmas and generally been ok, thankfully not had a lot of the issues others had early on. However, since the firmware update, we've been having an occasional issue. The sound will freeze during live TV for a split second every few seconds. For those of you of a certain age, makes everyone sound like Norman Collier.

The first time it did it, I noticed the Freeview cache was at around 1Gb, which seemed excessive. Clearing that fixed it for a bit. Still does it now probably once a week although the cache is much smaller, around 50Mb. Unplugging it seems to fix it, but not ideal if recording anything at the time.

Anyone else had this and any idea if there's a simpler fix than turning it off and on again?

Thanks

| Sun 7 Feb 2021 21:54:13 #1 |
  2. woodbar

woodbar

Yes, had that as well as picture freeze/stutter, very annoying.

Also get the "Unable to display.... bla, bla HDCP" handshake error quite often and no picture on the TV of course - power cycles seems to fix it, usually, also annoying!

How and where does one clear the Freeview cache?

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 0:40:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dino_

woodbar - 9 hours ago  » 
    Yes, had that as well as picture freeze/stutter, very annoying.
    Also get the "Unable to display.... bla, bla HDCP" handshake error quite often and no picture on the TV of course - power cycles seems to fix it, usually, also annoying!
    How and where does one clear the Freeview cache?

If you go to settings>apps and then click on Freeview Play (or any app), the details of it come up and there's an option to clear cache.

That didn't work for my freezing issue last night, so had to do a reboot, so there must be something else causing it that clears on a full restart. Might just plug it into a timer switch that power cycles it in the middle of the night!

| Mon 8 Feb 2021 10:23:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grobster

Hi , I'm UK based and new to the Aura but what you describe above has some similarities with what I am experiencing.

I get the Hand shake screen every so often querying display setting out put setting, and have tried all sorts without success. But the message does go after changing channel once or twice.

The second problem I get is a kind of picture stutter/flicker and are not so visually sharp and vibrant when using any of the streaming services such as BBC Iplayer or ITV hub.

When using any of these through the tv smart software they are smooth, bright and well detailed etc. So I am trying to understand why the Aura is not handling/processing these anything like as good/well? Any thoughts would be much appreciated? Cheers

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 9:43:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dino_

When I've tried some of the streaming services, including YouTube and some IPTV options, I don't think it's as smooth as using my 4K Firestick. TV is only 720p as well, so hardly pushing it.

The unplugging option seems to help with the normal channels and I noticed the beta software includes for a regular reboot of the box in the middle of the night, so maybe the need to do it is a 'feature'. Haven't tried that before streaming but may be worth giving it a go and seeing does it improve things

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 10:05:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grobster

As a Yorkshire man, its something to try for free, so Ill give it a go thanks.

| Fri 5 Mar 2021 11:28:25 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.