My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Missed quite a few recordings recently.

(55 posts)
  1. Hogweed

Hogweed

Latest… one of the programmes I have on weekly record is Casualty, on Saturday night. Tomorrow the TV Guide on Humax is coming up like this, with a kind of “phantom” second Casualty immediately after the first. Just for the sake of it, I decided to record it too, but got the “conflict” message.

For comparison, I include the same time of the evening on my Freeview box – seems, for this one at least, it’s a Freesat-only problem.

Sorry about the crap picture quality

Attachments

1. freeview.jpg (60.9 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    2. Freesat.jpg (69.1 KB, 2 downloads) 5 years old
    | Fri 22 Feb 2019 9:39:59 #31 |
  2. Hogweed

Hogweed

Just noticed that my Freeview box has taken to recording 2 copies of things on BBC1 NI HD. I have no idea why it's doing this, but assume it's to do with the problems we're having on Freesat.

Now you can from the pic that both copies are recording from the same channel, rather than maybe one on BBC Scotland or something. I can only assume that maybe the Beeb are transmitting 2 separate CRIDs or something???

PS I'm in N Ireland now, so use BBC1 NI HD rather than plain old BBC1 HD - but have had similar problems in the past when living in England.

Attachments

1. 20190222_210323.jpg (45 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Fri 22 Feb 2019 22:13:24 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

BBC still seem to be doing interesting things. Scanning for the new series of Fleabag (starting Monday 4th) shows a number of variations of start time and length depending on channel.

BBC One HD has the progamme staring at 22:35 and lasting 50 minutes, while BBC One East Midlands has it starting at 22:50 and lasting 10 minutes.

None of the channels has it as a series.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:08:18 #33 |
  4. Hogweed

Hogweed

Well, chaos continues… now, when I try to record things, I’m rarely offered the “Series Record” option. Examples today (all BBC1 HD):

Food: Truth or Scare, 09:15 – not offered, set to record single episode only
    Warren, 21:00 – series recording offered (but will it work…?)
    This Time, 21:30 – not offered, set to record single episode only

It missed Casualty on Saturday night completely, despite being set to record.

Edit: For the sake of interest, I've tried to do BBC1 HD series recordings on my Freeview box too; not offered with Holby City, Shetland, Warren, or This Time

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:27:50 #34 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 2 days ago  » 
    Just noticed that my Freeview box has taken to recording 2 copies of things on BBC1 NI HD. I have no idea why it's doing this, but assume it's to do with the problems we're having on Freesat.
    Now you can from the pic that both copies are recording from the same channel, rather than maybe one on BBC Scotland or something. I can only assume that maybe the Beeb are transmitting 2 separate CRIDs or something???
    PS I'm in N Ireland now, so use BBC1 NI HD rather than plain old BBC1 HD - but have had similar problems in the past when living in England.

It's either down to the way the BBC have coded the series or that the NI version is showing a different episode (Only applies to Freesat Kit) . This sometimes happens when a programme of local interest is shown meaning that NI is a week behind the English version.

You can display the CRID's in the programme info. If you do this post the results. This will usually reveal the cause of the issue. There should be at least two codes. A Series CRID and a Programme CRID.

How to on a G2 Box

Foxsat-HDR owners with the Custom firmware will find the CRID's in the WeBif info

The CRIDS can be shown on a FVP box or a HDR-FOX-T2. (HDR-FOX-T2 with CF have the info in the Webif,

If you have a FVP box post for instructions.

Settings - System Info

Press Red Green Yellow Blue to to display the hidden settings

Change Display CRID to enable. Change Debug Mode to enable

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 10:52:21 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Image of Display with CRID's on G2 Freesat box.

Attachments

1. CRID.jpg (96.3 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Mon 25 Feb 2019 11:14:17 #36 |
  7. Hogweed

Hogweed

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 

Really sorry, but I got a bit mixed up with my posts – that photo above is of my Panasonic Freeview EPG, not the Humax Freesat. I’ve mentioned it a few times to show that there seems to be a problem which is not confined to Freesat, though it does sometimes manifest itself differently between the two boxes.

But if you look at the pic, you’ll see that both recordings are BBC1 NI, neither of them is BBC1 England…

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 11:23:47 #37 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 40 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 9 minutes ago  » 

Really sorry, but I got a bit mixed up with my posts – that photo above is of my Panasonic Freeview EPG, not the Humax Freesat. I’ve mentioned it a few times to show that there seems to be a problem which is not confined to Freesat, though it does sometimes manifest itself differently between the two boxes.
    But if you look at the pic, you’ll see that both recordings are BBC1 NI, neither of them is BBC1 England…

That's why CRID's are required to sort out what's wrong. Multiple Nation recordings are only normally possible on a Freesat box (This thread is labelled for the Foxsat-HDR)

I will try setting the MasterChef recording on a Foxsat-HDR (hoping the CRID's will be the same on Freesat as Freeview. Of course no way to set 22/02.

Next appears to Wed 27th February 20:00

978 Is BBC 1 NI HD on a Freesat box

Just set it on a G2 box on 978 - The reservation was accepted but no recording reservation created.

Just tried again and it worked. I have just one reservation on Channel 978

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 12:08:04 #38 |
  9. Hogweed

Hogweed

Hhmmm, getting very confusing. Didn’t understand all that stuff about the CRIDs etc at all. My box is a HDR-1000s.

Anyway, it’s kind of academic, isn't it – nothing we can do about it till the Beeb get their act together.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 13:24:38 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hhmmm, getting very confusing. Didn’t understand all that stuff about the CRIDs etc at all. My box is a HDR-1000s.
    Anyway, it’s kind of academic, isn't it – nothing we can do about it till the Beeb get their act together.

You can set a manual recording with a suitable repeat pattern.

Example Using Flogit BBC-1 HD 16:30 - 17:15

Recordings Planned

press right - twice

Fill In The Table adding some padding to start and end - select Daily or Weekly Repeat

EG

Channel BBC1 HD

Month Feb 2019

Day Mon 25

Start Time 16:29

Duration 01:02

Repeat Daily

OK on Record

Move To Record And Press OK - Correct any clash with existing schedule

Will appear in planned as Manual Record

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 13:49:37 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic