My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Misses start of programmes

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Tell us what recordings you have coming up and set AR. If I can I will record some and compare notes. Not noticed any issues with the channels I record. BBC1/2 HD ITV-HD and CH4 HD. They all seem to get running status changes bang on the mark.

Good idea. I'll do likewise, and will also set the same programmes to record on my Panasonic Freeview box.

| Tue 26 May 2015 21:01:03 #11 |
  2. Hogweed

Hogweed

Thanks will do when I get the time. One of the programmes I recorded last time was “For the Love of Cars”. Next episode on Sunday at 8pm.

Last weekend, it started with Philip Glenister half way through his introduction…

| Thu 28 May 2015 12:43:19 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hogweed - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks will do when I get the time. One of the programmes I recorded last time was “For the Love of Cars”. Next episode on Sunday at 8pm.
    Last weekend, it started with Philip Glenister half way through his introduction…

Scheduled it from CH4 HD.

| Thu 28 May 2015 13:04:39 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've noticed on a couple of occasions C4 HD missing a few seconds off the start - does not ruin programmes for me as I generally skip to where the programme name/title is displayed.

They appear to be regressing to the inaccurate starts we had quite a awhile ago (when the freesat forum was available)

| Thu 28 May 2015 17:07:47 #14 |
  5. Hogweed

Hogweed

OK... I'm just catching up on some stuff I recorded now. It missed he start of "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell" last Sunday. Next on this Sunday at 21:00 on BBC One. So it's not just Ch 4...

| Fri 29 May 2015 19:40:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hogweed - 9 minutes ago  » 
    OK... I'm just catching up on some stuff I recorded now. It missed he start of "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell" last Sunday. Next on this Sunday at 21:00 on BBC One. So it's not just Ch 4...

Yep. I recorded that, hadn't yet watched it, have just checked it. Missed off quite a chunk.

| Fri 29 May 2015 19:51:49 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mine started just before Bertie Cavell appeared on the opening titles. No idea how much before will have to check iplayer on the first episode

Episode 2 started similarly with I guess the first credit again need to check iplayer.

Did anyone record the Antiques Roadshow episode before it ? If so check to see if the beginning of this programme is on the end of this recording (late change of running status by the BBC),

| Fri 29 May 2015 20:08:09 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Having checked using iplayer my recording has lost about 5 seconds of the what happened before summary at the beginning.

| Sat 30 May 2015 9:38:45 #18 |
  9. Hogweed

Hogweed

So I recorded "Inside Jaguar: Making a Million Pound Car" (well, we all have our dreams...) on Channel 4 HD tonight at 19:00. Actually, it's still on now.

I recorded it simultaneously on the Humax, and my Philips Freeview HD machine. The Philips did fine; the Humax missed A WHOLE MINUTE of the beginning.

Is there anybody out there who thinks this is normal?

| Sat 30 May 2015 19:44:25 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Have you tried complaining to the broadcasters?

| Sat 30 May 2015 19:50:34 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.