My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missing HD Channels

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Hi, I have a choice of two. Sutton Coldfield is the main transmitter and there is a local one Leamington Spa. I have already noted the channel numbers for both transmitters. The local transmitter only shows 3 channels which are for BBC A, D3 & 4 and BBCHD. Would it be best to use the local channel numbers where there is an overlap?

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 12:41:00 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

The OP actually said "it doesn't find the HD channels (inc. Film 4+1)".
    That's because Film4+1 is transmitted on an HD Multiplex.

Film4 HD is NOT available on Freeview.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 12:47:05 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, I have a choice of two. Sutton Coldfield is the main transmitter and there is a local one Leamington Spa. I have already noted the channel numbers for both transmitters. The local transmitter only shows 3 channels which are for BBC A, D3 & 4 and BBCHD. Would it be best to use the local channel numbers where there is an overlap?

It's a bad idea to receive from two transmitters (it meeses up series and accurate recordings), you will get all the available channels if you can get all the Mux from Sutton Coldfield. I can't get COM 7 HD mux which as above has Film4+1. I wasn't aware that it's a SD channel on a HD mux.

Check reception on UHF 33 DVB-T2 to see if you can get COM 7.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 13:46:02 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Channels in HD on COM 7

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sutton_Coldfield

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 14:36:24 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BB

Multiplex PSB3.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 15:25:29 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BB - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Multiplex PSB3.

???

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 15:28:25 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Graham, I am getting Film4+1 but it is SD. I tried tuning 33 DVB T2 and it found 13 channels but I could only see 7 of them without clearing my current settings and Film4+1 wasn't listed. I could see a way to scroll through the channel list.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 16:58:44 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

FredS

Barry,

Thanks for confirming search criteria. Initially 30 wouldn't respond but 39 still did. Then I retried 30 and got results which I saved. Channel 101 is now 30 rather than 39 BUT all HD problems still keep totally dropping out whilst showing 69/70 and 80/100 strength and quality in the meantime. Still no problems with TV taking direct signal so I guess Humax box just extra sensitive to an aerial problem?

Graham, thanks for your note re not mixing transmitters although I haven't even tried recording yet. I will focus on getting Crystal Palace rather than Hannington. Probably worth getting an aerial fitter to check alignment etc.

Thanks both, Fred

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 17:09:42 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

J_Oz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Graham, I am getting Film4+1 but it is SD. I tried tuning 33 DVB T2 and it found 13 channels but I could only see 7 of them without clearing my current settings and Film4+1 wasn't listed. I could see a way to scroll through the channel list.

As was already posted Film 4+1 is on a DVB-T2 mux that is largely used for HD channels. It is not however in HD, confusingly the Radio Times on the Film 4 entry says - Film4 +1 F'view (HD Only).

If you can watch Film4 +1 you already have the mux. Try 110 4Seven HD.

| Fri 6 Nov 2015 18:28:31 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doozer

On fvp-4000t 1TB. The hd channels we use the most are not found via the auto channel search. E.g 101 bbc 1 hd, 103 itv hd.
    Our old pvr and TV list both these fine (so not an aerial problem), we are tv region West and on the Mendip transmitter.

I also tried a manual search, but was confused by all the terms. From the Web I can find the frequency for the missing channels but not the other settings.

It looks like a strange bug to me - is there a fix? Is there more guidance on how to add channels manually.

| Tue 17 Nov 2015 20:52:15 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.