My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missing start of some recordings

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeddy

I for one have only started getting this regularly over the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if it's only HD as I (almost) never record SD versions of BBC1 programs.
    Videoplus anyone?

| Sat 2 Mar 2019 13:23:42 #11 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

Jeddy - 2 days ago  » 

JohnH77 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Search the forum with CRID.

Thanks for that suggestion! Produces more useful search results than my previous searches!

You could also try looking at thread titles as well as searching.

| Sun 3 Mar 2019 0:05:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Stephenesque - 1 day ago  » 
    If I keep the recording on my HDD then the repeat does not get recorded.
    The same happens for 'Taken' on 5USA and 'Insert Name here' on BBC2.

Same for me with Insert Name Here.

| Sun 3 Mar 2019 11:46:50 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Msbernice7

I only record SD programmes. I'm having problems with Masterchef on BBC 1 and last night problems with C4. Tried recording on C4+1 but same problem.

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 9:45:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Msbernice7 - 57 minutes ago  » 
    I only record SD programmes. I'm having problems with Masterchef on BBC 1 and last night problems with C4. Tried recording on C4+1 but same problem.

Which channel 4 programme?

| Thu 7 Mar 2019 10:42:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Graculus

Only had my FVP-5000T a month and noticed this same problem. BBC1 HD missed first 5 mins of 'Doctors' a couple of times and one day it never recorded it at all. The FVP is so flaky I'm not convinced it's a broadcaster issue. So I've set my old Fox T2 up to record at the same time and will check if it happens again. I ended up setting 'Doctors' on a manual schedule (which works) and discovered another fab feature of the FVP... you can't set a manual schedule for Mon to Fri only... it's daily or weekly!

| Thu 14 Mar 2019 20:20:32 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Graculus - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Only had my FVP-5000T a month and noticed this same problem. BBC1 HD missed first 5 mins of 'Doctors' a couple of times and one day it never recorded it at all. The FVP is so flaky I'm not convinced it's a broadcaster issue. So I've set my old Fox T2 up to record at the same time and will check if it happens again. I ended up setting 'Doctors' on a manual schedule (which works) and discovered another fab feature of the FVP... you can't set a manual schedule for Mon to Fri only... it's daily or weekly!

Set it daily it's easy enough to delete the two unwanted recordings and yes thewy sadly dropped the weekkday option along with some other goodies from earlier boxes.

It's the BBC- See

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/current-bbc-recording-debacle

Check out some of the other forums all Freeview kit has the same issues.

At a guess they have outsourced the CRID recording codes to someone who hasn't a clue how it works. It has worked fine for some years.

Pretty sure your HDR-FOX-T2 will have the same problems as do Youview boxes. Of course your HDR-FOX-T2 will have the weekday option.

The situation is much worse on Freesat boxes because they have all the BBC SD regions on the epg plus BBC-HD England. Scotland and Wales.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/double-recording-on-bbc

| Thu 14 Mar 2019 20:52:54 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Msbernice7 - 1 week ago  » 

Did you have BBC1 Recordings at the same time or immediately before or after and using Freeview ?

If so it's entirely possible it's the BBC issue. In addition to the series recording screw up, they have messed up the accurate recording codes which should stop the previous recording when it completes releasing the tuner to make your other channel recordings. I have seen the switch between one programme and the next be as much as 10 mins late. This will cause the follow on recording to fail.

| Thu 14 Mar 2019 21:14:22 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kjello

Me too - I've been missing the beginnings and endings of BBC programmes during the last couple of weeks. This concided with me switching to FVP 5000 T from the FOX T2 I don't remember having a sustained problem with the FOX.

| Wed 3 Apr 2019 20:01:01 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

kjello - 2 hours ago  » 
    Me too - I've been missing the beginnings and endings of BBC programmes during the last couple of weeks. This concided with me switching to FVP 5000 T from the FOX T2 I don't remember having a sustained problem with the FOX.

My impression is that if there are no late changes to the start time then the recording accuracy of the FVP-500T and the HDR-FOX T2 are very similar. I suspect that when the schedule is changing the recording accuracy of the HDR-FOX T2 is better. The BBC have been having problems with sending the accurate recording data for some time; it seems to be going in cycles where it steadily improves over a few days and just when I think it is working properly things suddenly get worse again. I do hope the BBC get it finally sorted soon.

| Wed 3 Apr 2019 23:04:01 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.