My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Motion "stutters" when playing MKV files.

(30 posts)
  1. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 
    Have you tried installing Plex Media Server on your PC and Plex Player (from the LG app store)? This way you can stream directly from your computer to to your TV.

I can stream from my NAS Drive to the LG, would using Plex improve the situation?

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 17:07:14 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Possibly, you may even find that there is a version of Plex specific to your NAS drive.
    Before I moved house, I had all my media files on my dual Xeon workstation that acted as a Plex server for everyone in the house, with Plex installed on all their various devices. Never had any problems. Nowadays I have no need for this so the drive is in a high end Android box connected directly to the TV and I use Kodi.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 17:10:37 #22 |
  3. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

SSThing - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Possibly, you may even find that there is a version of Plex specific to your NAS drive.

I have looked at installing Plex on my WD MyCloud NAS, but there are loads of different versions of Plex for WD and I couldn't see one that sounded like it matched mine.

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 17:21:18 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Is there not an interface (on the WD) you can access via your PC, that shows you any available software (hopefully including the specific version of Plex) you can use?

My Cloud Home?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/115003310834-western-digital-my-cloud-home/

| Sun 10 Mar 2019 17:41:08 #24 |
  5. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

SSThing - 1 day ago  » 
    Is there not an interface (on the WD) you can access via your PC, that shows you any available software (hopefully including the specific version of Plex) you can use?

Hi,
    Thanks for the info, but mine is a fairly old single bay WD NAS and I found a page on their web site that says I can't install third party stuff on my Drive.

Looks like I'm stuck on that one.

Regards,

Paul

WD

| Tue 12 Mar 2019 16:08:49 #25 |
  6. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Check out this thread No apps allowed on the community forums for WD My Cloud. Depending on your version there seems to ba a workaround

| Tue 12 Mar 2019 20:18:15 #26 |
  7. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

aldaweb - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Check out this thread No apps allowed on the community forums for WD My Cloud. Depending on your version there seems to ba a workaround

WOW! that looks complicated, I'd be terrified of "Bricking" my Drive, I think I'll give it miss, but many thanks for finding it for me.
    Regards,
    Paul

| Tue 12 Mar 2019 20:31:36 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gragas

If you convert it to another format and run it, it should work fine. Or maybe the video is damaged, this happens, but very rarely. Or try to convert the video to the same format twice.

| Sat 30 Oct 2021 16:04:26 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tamraz

Perhaps you are right, and this problem is due to the fact that the video may be corrupted. But usually the braking is not due to video damage, most likely there was a small failure when recording video and the frame rate changed. By the way, what software do you use to convert videos?

| Sat 30 Oct 2021 22:51:27 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gragas

I used an online video converter until I had to convert rare formats such as MXF, M2T and others. Faced with these formats for conversion, I used to the movavi video converter program is also quite convenient, converts video quickly. There is a free version, 500 formats are available for conversion in the paid version, 24 in the free version, but this is enough for an ordinary user.

| Sun 31 Oct 2021 2:56:37 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.