My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Movie playback aspect issue

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

A few weeks ago 'something changed'. Previously movies I played (not recordings, but files from a USB stick) were fine, but now the aspect is wrong. I've been through settings on TV (Samsung UE46F8000) and on the Humax box. Dont get it!

The picture is vertically stretched to fill the full height of the display.. so anything cinema wide looks awful.

Anyone else have this lately??

Cheers

| Fri 10 Jun 2016 17:09:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Just noticed.. if I pause playback for 60 secs or so, then resume, the correct aspect kick in!
    SOMETIMES.

Doesnt work with a short pause. Digital rubbish!

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 17:02:24 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

What's really odd is if I pause playback for a good while, then resume playback, this often fixes the ratio. BAH!

| Thu 30 Jun 2016 21:56:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Given up on this.. does it 99% of the time. NO longer use the Humax for playback of USB movies. Shame!

| Wed 19 Oct 2016 22:15:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

After a lot of emails between Humax and myself, I have finally had this response today.

"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Our team have found that you are correct and will be passing this on to our development team to have this resolved in the next software update.

Unfortunately there is no date for the software to be released at this moment in time but it is going to be resolved for you."

Current version: UKSFAA 3.00.44

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 14:37:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Thanks for sharing. I got fed up & now use the TV's USB instead. Bit more of a faff as the port is on the back.. but at least it's the right shape. When HUMAX fix would you post the news on this thread pls? Might revert back then!

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 14:50:18 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

evtilsley - 55 seconds ago  » 
    Thanks for sharing. I got fed up & now use the TV's USB instead. Bit more of a faff as the port is on the back.. but at least it's the right shape. When HUMAX fix would you post the news on this thread pls? Might revert back then!

Use a USB extension lead to bring the port to the front.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Male-Female-Extension-Cable/dp/B00NH136GE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1478008331&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+extension+cable

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 14:52:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Did get a 2m one previously (though not from Amazon) and it didnt power the USB drive. Perhaps that one above might do a better job.

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 15:44:10 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.