My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stretched Aspect Ratio on HDR-1100s video playback

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CJBrown

Had the box just over 4 months now, I regularly playback mkv & mp4 files that are in cinema format aspect ratio, meaning that on a 16:9 television there should be black letter boxing above and below the film so it's displayed in its correct aspect ratio. Every time I start playback the Humax 1100s stretches the movie vertically, which for me is unwatchable. On my first few tries in the settings menu I was able (after much fiddling) to get the aspect ratio correct, and funnily enough I set it back to what it was originally, which was 16:9 & auto aspect. On my last few attempts though I have gone through every setting imaginable to no avail, I've gone through the TV settings too and tried every combination I can think of, I just can't get it to work again. Is any one else having this problem or know a solution? Many thanks

| Sun 26 Jun 2016 21:52:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

entdgc

Same problem here but sorry no solution...

I don't think we are alone either...

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/movie-playback-aspect-issue

Dave

| Sun 26 Jun 2016 23:04:52 #2 |
  3. graham uk

graham uk

special member

I had the same stretch problem from some older TV transmittions 4.3
    my FVP4000T stretched these to 16.9
    My solution was in TV setting (Not the 4k) turn OFF HDMI-CEC which cured the problem.

graham uk

| Mon 27 Jun 2016 10:50:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

You are not alone.

These are my issues
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-software-uksfaa-30020-and-31-problem

| Wed 29 Jun 2016 13:19:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

graham uk - 2 days ago  » 
    I had the same stretch problem from some older TV transmittions 4.3
    my FVP4000T stretched these to 16.9
    My solution was in TV setting (Not the 4k) turn OFF HDMI-CEC which cured the problem.
    graham uk

I wish our 2000T would stretch 4.3 without me having to alter the settings. Wide heads and bodies are the order of the day in our household. Neither the wife or I can abide thick black bars at each side of the picture - what a waste of screen real estate.

| Wed 29 Jun 2016 14:12:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

CJBrown

entdgc - 2 days ago  » 
    Same problem here but sorry no solution...
    I don't think we are alone either...
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/movie-playback-aspect-issue
    Dave

This is interesting, I will give it a shot. It's only corrected itself twice for me and wasn't enough to work out what was going on! I have noticed that the settings actually do nothing to the picture no mater what I set it at, maybe I need to wait a bit. Will get back as soon as I've tested it.

| Wed 29 Jun 2016 14:59:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

CJBrown

Thanks everyone for your replies. I finally figured out a solution, hope it will work for everyone. It's partly based entdgc's post. All I did was start the video (it was stretched vertically), paused it, went to settings and changed the display to anamorphic, waited 60 seconds or so, then went in and changed aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, makes no sense, but suddenly it was in the right ratio, when I checked the menu again, it had reset anamorphic to auto as I guess it's a separate setting, but it works. Let me know if you have success with this, thanks. Chris

| Sat 2 Jul 2016 19:05:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

I have been in email contact with Humax Customer Support. Last contact from them was on 26th July.
    I have answered all their questions and given them as much info as I was able. I even gave them screen shots of a video showing the correct aspect ratio with an earlier software version and the same screen shot proving the wrong ratio with version 3.00.31. Yes, version 3.00.44 also does not fix the prob.

They say they will get back to me once they receive more information from the further tech team.

Watch this space.!

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 16:19:37 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

entdgc

I do hope you are right but don't hold your breath!!!

Dave

| Tue 2 Aug 2016 19:10:48 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

We've now had at least 2 successive firmware releases (including the latest one just released) with this problem, which suggests to me that Humax does very little testing of their Media Share feature. Pretty well every movie file I have (and that's over 100) no longer plays in the correct aspect ratio for me.

The bad news is that we've been seeing 3-4 months gaps between firmware releases, so we may have to wait until Xmas or the New Year to get a fix for this (that's if Humax actually "believe" Hovis54!).

I've got to say I'm a bit disappointed with Humax for not spotting this problem earlier - they must have gone to some lengths to break the aspect ratio when it had been working fine for several earlier firmware releases.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 12:42:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.