My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Stretched Aspect Ratio on HDR-1100s video playback

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hovis54

After a lot of emails between Humax and myself, I have finally had this response today.

"Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.

Our team have found that you are correct and will be passing this on to our development team to have this resolved in the next software update.

Unfortunately there is no date for the software to be released at this moment in time but it is going to be resolved for you."

Current version: UKSFAA 3.00.44

| Tue 1 Nov 2016 14:36:45 #11 |
  2. black knight

black knight

special member

CJBrown - 1 year ago  » 
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I finally figured out a solution, hope it will work for everyone. It's partly based entdgc's post. All I did was start the video (it was stretched vertically), paused it, went to settings and changed the display to anamorphic, waited 60 seconds or so, then went in and changed aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, makes no sense, but suddenly it was in the right ratio, when I checked the menu again, it had reset anamorphic to auto as I guess it's a separate setting, but it works. Let me know if you have success with this, thanks. Chris

I had given up watching movies on my 1000S, but just thought I'd do a search out of curiosity and found this. I can confirm the above worked for me as well, although I didn't need to wait 60 seconds between changing from 16:9 to 4:3. A pain in the rear to do, but it means I can watch movies on the Humax again.

Also it was worth bumping this thread to keep the problem in the spotlight, and mention we're still waiting for the permanent fix.
    Come on Humax, it can't be that difficult a problem to sort, please don't abandon us G2 box users just yet!

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 17:46:05 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.