My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Multiple TV Tuners question

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mwwood - 3 hours ago  » 
    I Have replaced the Arial with a better one perhaps I need a booster.

So please tell us what the signal strength and quality reported by the Aura is when tuned to a channel which pixelates>

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 17:58:56 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

Thanks for reply ,I have checked on the channels that pixelates its showing 86% strength
    and 53% Quality

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 18:26:51 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mwwood - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks for reply ,I have checked on the channels that pixelates its showing 86% strength
    and 53% Quality

86% strength should be more than enough but 53% quality is a problem; normally it should be 100%. Can you give an example of a channel that shows the pixelating problem and which transmitter you receive from or some indication of where you live?

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 20:25:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

I live in Walsall West Midlands
    It’s all the channels I wash a lot like Yesterday and Quest and some times on Dave ,I will try to upload a picture,I’ve recorded programs and had to delete them as there unwatchable.

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 20:38:08 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mwwood - 57 mins ago  » 
    I live in Walsall West Midlands
    It’s all the channels I wash a lot like Yesterday and Quest and some times on Dave ,I will try to upload a picture,I’ve recorded programs and had to delete them as there unwatchable.

No need to upload a picture, we know what a signal quality of 58% will give. Yesterday and Quest are both on the ARQ B mux. Would I be correct in thinking you are receiving from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter? According to the Freeview reception checker you should be getting a good signal on all channels. Anybody else receiving from Sutton Coldfield getting reception problems on ARQ B?

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 21:36:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

Thanks again
    For your help,yes our transmitter is Sutton Coldfield
    Not quite sure what ARQ B means but Think it’s my Aerial so I’m trying to get a better signal by moving the Aerial slightly wile looking at the quality on the meter an the channels that pixelated,the same channels work on the tv through the same Aerial .

| Tue 20 Jun 2023 7:04:53 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

ARQ B is one of the multiplexes that your transmitter is broadcasting channels on.
    Each multiplex (mux) broadcast several TV channels and or radio channels together.

You can click on this link,
    https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information
    Enter your postcode and house number and this will show you the available transmitters
    broadcasting to your area.
    From the table you will see firstly the 'most likely transmitter for you.
    (Unless you are like me and because of the way my house is situated I receive better reception from
    a transmitter further away than the 'most likely)

Further tables below show the transmitter information with the multiplexes/ channel numbers it broadcasts,
    under the N in a black circle.
    You can then manually search the channels on your Aura inputting each mux/ channel number in turn.
    Remember to set Transmission to DVB-T for SD channels.
    For the HD mux BBC B you will need to change Transmission to DVB-T2.

From your post it sounds like you are using an indoor aerial doe it have a built in amplifier?

| Tue 20 Jun 2023 7:46:11 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

All working great now really appreciate all of your help my Aerial is outside on the same bracket as my satellite dish .only slight pixilation on one or 2 channels but not channels I watch so all good ,I seem to have 100 strength but the quality goes from 53% to 100% perhaps it needs better coaxial cable.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 19:43:06 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mwwood - 50 mins ago  » 
    All working great now really appreciate all of your help my Aerial is outside on the same bracket as my satellite dish .only slight pixilation on one or 2 channels but not channels I watch so all good ,I seem to have 100 strength but the quality goes from 53% to 100% perhaps it needs better coaxial cable.

You should be aware that in some cases 100% signal strength might overload the tuners and cause the breakup you are experiencing although the Aura is less prone to this than earlier Humax boxes which had tuners designed for pre DSO signal strengths. Roughly, how far are you from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter?

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 20:36:49 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

Sutton Coldfield is roughly 10 miles from our house
    It’s just there’s no pixelation on all channels on our freeview LG TV
    But I’m enjoying my Humax Aura, just a few of the recordings pixelating when I have watched them back but I’m still pleased with it ,Thank you so much for all your help.

| Thu 22 Jun 2023 20:57:16 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.