My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Multiple TV Tuners question

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Humax Aura has 3 built-in tuners. This allows you to record up to 4 different channels and watch a 5th live channel. There may be limitations on the 4th channel that you can record or the live TV channel you try to watch depending on channel compatibility.

This is a pretty cool boast compared to the older models which could record 2 channels at once (although even that seemed really cool at the time). But I'm sure when I went to look in the box settings it showed only one tuner, and blank spaces for the others.
    Do I need to DO anything to record so many things at once or is it all built in? When trying to schedule recordings will it tell me that the limit is reached? If there is a conflict (say a program overruns) how will it choose which of possibly 4 recordings to ditch?

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 12:38:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Why not try it and see for yourself what happens?

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 14:12:47 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

If you are only viewing one channel on a certain mux (multiplex) then only one tuner is needed, the other tuners will not be in use.
    When you are watching a channel and have a recording taking place on another mux then the second tuner will be used and same again for a second recording on another mux the third tuner will be used.

If you are watching BBC1 HD and recording CH4HD, only one tuner will be used as both these channels are broadcast on the same mux, that leaves the other two tuners available for recording.
    If you find out which transmitter you are using then you can find which multiplexes it uses and thus you can find which channels are being broadcast on each multiplex.

When scheduling recordings the Aura will tell you if you are running into scheduling conflicts and running out of available tuners, it will ask you to make a decision which programme to sacrifice.

As SSThing says the best way to learn about the Aura is use it and try things out.

Keep the HDMI cable as far away from the aerial input lead as you can, the Aura seems to be sensitive to
    interference from the HDMI cable (certainly in my case), I know the inputs themselves are side by side,
    poor design by Humax, but try and keep the cables apart from each other.

If you find the tSignal Strength meter is at 100% this can cause pixellation and drop outs, an attenuator
    may be needed, pretty cheap on Amazon for an adjustable one. Dial it back to about 90%.
    The Signal Quality meter should ideally be at 100%.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 15:07:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Misterhumax

Thanks @VitaminD that's interesting. Good tips.

| Tue 11 Oct 2022 16:18:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

Only shows one tuner on my Aura
    I’ve emailed Humax awaiting a reply

| Sun 18 Jun 2023 19:44:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

mwwood - 3 hours ago  » 
    Only shows one tuner on my Aura
    I’ve emailed Humax awaiting a reply

Have you had my post above?

| Sun 18 Jun 2023 22:48:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Easiest way is to go into the guide and just set four programs from different channels that run at the same time.

I have never not been able to set what I need to record and always amazes me when I see so many recording.

I think you will find much more useful help on this forum than from Hiumax themselves who only ever seem to give out scripted responses.

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 9:37:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 
    Easiest way is to go into the guide and just set four programs from different channels that run at the same time.

Careful, I think you need to choose channels carried on three different multiplexes to guarantee seeing all three tuners in use.

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 10:48:05 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Harters - 1 hour ago  » 

Careful, I think you need to choose channels carried on three different multiplexes to guarantee seeing all three tuners in use.

Yes agreed, but I think the OP's main concern was the ability to record 4 different channels and watch a 5th (with limitations).

My suggestion was just a quick and easy way to prove that it is possible.

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 12:17:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

Thank you so much for your help all working ok now ,Just pixelates on some channels
    I Have replaced the Arial with a better one perhaps I need a booster.

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 14:24:10 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.