My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

My 1010s is not recording

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

denbo007

hi All. my 1010 will not record anything. it shows in the storage I have 1% storage? I have changed the hard drive with formatted a working one, I have done factory setting, Humax said:
    Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.
    The issue will be the connection to the HDD and due to Freesat copyright law you can not simply replace the internal HDD's so they will both need replaced sadly. so I change both the power and data leads, nothing. Is there anything anyone has found regarding this problem? thank you

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 15:05:43 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

denbo007 - 3 mins ago  » 
    hi All. my 1010 will not record anything. it shows in the storage I have 1% storage? I have changed the hard drive with formatted a working one, I have done factory setting, Humax said:
    Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.
    The issue will be the connection to the HDD and due to Freesat copyright law you can not simply replace the internal HDD's so they will both need replaced sadly. so I change both the power and data leads, nothing. Is there anything anyone has found regarding this problem? thank you

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

| Sat 6 Mar 2021 15:09:14 #2 |
  3. andyfras

andyfras

I used Digi Repairs earlier this year for the same fault you're seeing. They fixed my box within a few days. All my recordings were intact and it's been working fine since. A bit pricey, but worth it.

| Mon 15 Mar 2021 18:08:40 #3 |
  4. VFRRider750

VFRRider750

Hi,

You say that you have changed the HDD with a formatted one, well I take it that there are now no recordings on it at all, so this what I would do: -

Remove the new HDD and pop it into a PC and just delete all Partitions.
    Then refit it back into the Humax and Power on.
    Go into Settings/System Settings/Storage.
    The box will report that the HDD isn't formatted, just select to continue on to format the HDD (It takes a while to complete).

That should do it.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 10:28:05 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is interesting that 9it reports 1% storage, with the known HDR-1000S problem it would not see the disk at all. Also I have not seen any previous reports of the problem with a HDR-1010S.

It is probably worth while deleting the existing partitions on the old disk and reinserting it (Windows Disk Manager). The OP was unclear re the formatting of the replacement disk - It is important that the HDR-1010S reformats the disk and creates the several partitions required.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 10:59:09 #5 |
  6. VFRRider750

VFRRider750

REPASSAC - 10 mins ago  » 
    It is interesting that 9it reports 1% storage, with the known HDR-1000S problem it would not see the disk at all. Also I have not seen any previous reports of the problem with a HDR-1010S.
    It is probably worth while deleting the existing partitions on the old disk and reinserting it (Windows Disk Manager). The OP was unclear re the formatting of the replacement disk - It is important that the HDR-1010S reformats the disk and creates the several partitions required.

I agree, this is exactly what I have just done to recover my 1010S, from a slightly different problem.

However I did note that when I powered up, having deleted the Partitions and before formatting that the Humax reported
    Size 0.00Gb
    Usable 0.00Gb
    Used 0.00GB
    Storage 1%

The first 3 I fully understand, but the 1%, well I guess that is some sort of default when it can't report a true value????

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:16:19 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Possibly a value that is used when the calculation fails due for example a divide by zero to allow for the partition table.

| Thu 18 Mar 2021 11:44:25 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.